A couple of recent purchases

mattjb

Just thought I’d put a couple of items I’ve bought recently up on here in case anyone is interested.
I was after a rucksack for detecting to carry grub,flask etc and found this 30l military type one on eBay. Only £13 posted so a bargain I reckon. Plenty of room for all the bits and bobs plus a strap and clip goes over the top which is handy for securing a coat to or I even used to carry an extra coil on it when using the explorer.
I usually dump it on the side of the field whilst detecting once I’ve settled on a spot to grid but if I’m wandering I keep it on. Really comfortable to carry.
The other item I bought this week and tried out today. I realised I wasn’t drinking enough liquid whilst detecting because I couldn’t be arsed to stop and go back to the bag so wanted something to carry drink with me.
Found it on eBay for about a tenner posted. I put it my finds pouch belt on the opposite side and you hardly know it’s there. Adjustable so it will take different sizes of mugs or bottles. Ideal for a quick swig in between targets. Looks like it’s ideal for the job so far
Attachments
4867A6D2-F5E5-455C-AF96-F134C86E1E57.jpeg
Oxgirl

Thank you for sharing. Great when you get some new equipment that really works for you. I really should drink more water too. I’m too lazy to carry a flask or water bottle though so I’ll have a look :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E

Looking well set up there Matt....Given we are going into winter, maybe get a stainless steel flask so you can have a warm drink?

Personally I hate returning to the car for a drink or something to eat unless I happen to be very close....I have a couple of pouches on my finds belt so I can carry food and drink for the outing, but usually have extra in the car as well..

I really need a new waterproof jacket as I binned my old one in a fit of pique after getting soaked to the skin the other day while detecting....
Easylife

I have a few different options but always carry some water. My current favourite is double pattern 58 pouches on a belt, finds go in the first and water bottle etc in the second.
Easylife

Pete E wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 pm
I really need a new waterproof jacket as I binned my old one in a fit of pique after getting soaked to the skin the other day while detecting....
I find the Regatta jackets to be good value, light and waterproof.
figgis

30 litre backpacks are plenty big enough and invaluable. I picked mine (also military) up for a tenner and it's got more pockets than I need though I somehow seem to have filled them all up with rubbish :oops:

Hydration is important and a backpack can save an awful lot of walking back and forth to the motor :thumbsup:
mattjb

Pete E wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 pm
Looking well set up there Matt....Given we are going into winter, maybe get a stainless steel flask so you can have a warm drink?

Personally I hate returning to the car for a drink or something to eat unless I happen to be very close....I have a couple of pouches on my finds belt so I can carry food and drink for the outing, but usually have extra in the car as well..

Yep I carry a big flask in the backpack to top up the mug on the belt.If you are looking for a non leak mug that keeps drinks hot for hours , the Contigo ones are brilliant.
Jacket wise army surplus goretex type but new not worn are good. I use them a lot for fishing. If it’s cold army softie jacket underneath.
Also found craghopper stuff good. M and M direct are a good place to look for discounted stuff. I bought a heavily reduced craghopper cost for £30 on there the other day.
Blackadder43

Good purchases there, i definately think the rucksack ios the way to go for our stuff when out in the fields

Drinking water is a must when detecting
Time can motor on when you are concentrating on signals

How many of us come back with headaches from detecting?
Its a combination of not drinking enough, and your brain using extreme amounts of energy whilst it is processing all the sounds from the machine, plus trying to be aware of your surroundings

A good reason why you should dedicate 10 minutes per hour and have a break, take the headset off and also drink some water :thumbsup:
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup: