Headphones for Pete's racer 2

Littleboot

Pete needs some new headphones for his Racer 2. He would prefer to go wireless but on a budget. I notice the machine has a port for a dongle but currently has a blank in place. Any suggestions of a reasonable cost brand? Otherwise he will have to have a new set of wired ones. I am not particularly techy so have no idea. TIA
In a desperate attempt to remain relevant in today’s market, COVID unveiled it’s new Omicron update ahead of the holiday season. While this latest offering boasts several new features, consumers have adapted a ‘wait and see’ attitude this year.
Pete E

Littleboot wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:04 pm
Pete needs some new headphones for his Racer 2. He would prefer to go wireless but on a budget. I notice the machine has a port for a dongle but currently has a blank in place. Any suggestions of a reasonable cost brand? Otherwise he will have to have a new set of wired ones. I am not particularly techy so have no idea. TIA
I think it depends how old the Racer 2 is...on early models like mine, the dongle was an extra from Nokta and had to be used with Nokta wireless headphones...This was an expensive set up, hence I used the aftermarket bluetooth transmitter plugged into the headphone jack and those Bluetooth EP650? headphones...
Saffron

Littleboot, you were missed so good to see you back online and posting.

I have a Racer 2 and although now my backup machine it had a run out today as a potential newbie without a machine used it, so the subject caught my eye. I thought it was a good machine for the money. But sorry to say I can not help as I always used it with just the speakers if on my own or with the wired headphones on organised digs.

Evan
Littleboot

Thanks folks....it is a later model and I think it came with wireless headphones but they were not sold with it. (It was second hand about 2 years ago.) I think it was one of the last racers before they stopped.
I suspect Pete will have to have wired ones. He doesn't detect anywhere near as much as I do, hence he had the racer as a switch-on-and-go set up. His old phones got broken (Garrett ones) and he has been using the machine with the speakers instead. But we are planning on going to the beach so he needs some.
In a desperate attempt to remain relevant in today’s market, COVID unveiled it’s new Omicron update ahead of the holiday season. While this latest offering boasts several new features, consumers have adapted a ‘wait and see’ attitude this year.
Count de Washers

Just for information I had the Racer 2 and it operated perfectly with the Garrett wireless set-up, allowing you to use any headphones wirelessly. One module fitted neatly under the armrest, other one in breast pocket, therefore any headphone wire only had to reach from earcup to pocket.
:thumbsup: