Which one?!

mattjb

Blackadder43 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 am
Its good to see you are doing your research on this :thumbsup:

Not sure if you saw my post which is the last post on page 2 of this thread , but there is a good Childrens machine out made by Nokta
Might be something to consider for your daughter sometime :thumbsup:
Thanks BA , the nokta looks good for kids also one of the quest machines looks good as well , think is the x5? Or q5 or something like that! comes with 2 lower stems in different lengths. The problem is having some land that has plenty of targets to keep a child interested to justify spending on something specifically for her. At the moment she’s fairly happy using the pin pointer and occasionally using the headphones whilst I swing the machine which will be easier with a wireless phones set up
Saffron

mattjb wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:17 am
Blackadder43 wrote:

Not sure if you saw my post which is the last post on page 2 of this thread , but there is a good Childrens machine out made by Nokta
Thanks BA , the nokta looks good for kids also one of the quest machines looks good as well , think is the x5? Or q5 or something like that! comes with 2 lower stems in different lengths. The problem is having some land that has plenty of targets to keep a child interested to justify spending on something specifically for her. At the moment she’s fairly happy using the pin pointer and occasionally using the headphones whilst I swing the machine which will be easier with a wireless phones set up
I did a fair bit of looking in to childrens detectors before last Christmas (a lady I know wanted to get 2 for her grandchildren). After reading a lot of reviews / watching lots of videos of different machines IMHO the Nokta came out by as far the best childs detector. There is the Mini Hoard (mentioned earlier) and the Midi Hoard which is for slightly older children (and looked the better of the two if undecided).

Evan
figgis

mattjb wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am
After doing more reading of forums
You what? You mean to say you've sought opinions outside of this magnificent well of knowledge & experience? Shame on you! :lol:

Glad you're arriving at a decision and know you'll get on well with whatever machine you finally plump for :thumbsup:
mattjb

figgis wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:56 pm
mattjb wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 am
After doing more reading of forums
You what? You mean to say you've sought opinions outside of this magnificent well of knowledge & experience? Shame on you! :lol:

Glad you're arriving at a decision and know you'll get on well with whatever machine you finally plump for :thumbsup:
The more info and opinions I can get before parting with the hard earned the better!
mattjb

Saffron wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:27 am
mattjb wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:17 am
Blackadder43 wrote:

I did a fair bit of looking in to childrens detectors before last Christmas (a lady I know wanted to get 2 for her grandchildren). After reading a lot of reviews / watching lots of videos of different machines IMHO the Nokta came out by as far the best childs detector. There is the Mini Hoard (mentioned earlier) and the Midi Hoard which is for slightly older children (and looked the better of the two if undecided).

Evan
Thanks for that Evan, when the time comes I’ll take a good look at those
Easylife

mattjb wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm
The more info and opinions I can get before parting with the hard earned the better!
Yep, best to sleep on it and make the right choice than rushing in. :thumbsup: