Zoom meeting

Startwin

Good morning all , Lune Valley Club had its first zoom meeting last night and to be honest it was a success, lots of banter and good laugh. We had a sad start as one of our members has passed away . We showed finds and discussed getting out in the field again. I gave an update on what’s going on at the moment with the NCMD and also reassured everyone that we still have a venue to hold our monthly meetings.
This zoom meeting went on for an Hour and a half time passed so quickly a great way to keep in touch.
Regards William. :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Great idea! I hope more clubs restart their meetings this way. It’s a great way to ensure the safety of members whilst keeping in touch with everyone. And you can show finds etc.

You can even have s coiple of pints with no worries about how you are going to get home :Party:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 am
You can even have s coiple of pints with no worries about how you are going to get home :Party:
Correct - you just have to worry about how you're going to get upstairs :thumbsup:

Many things will have been permanently changed by Corvid, and while Zoom is a great solution I don't think it will take the place of club meetings, whatever the hobby.
Littleboot

I am glad that solutions can be found in this situation we find ourselves in. But I must firmly declare that I absolutely refuse and will not countenance the idea that a pesky virus can come along and permanently change our lives. We are social animals and while precautions have to be taken temporarily it is all too tempting for the powers that be to think it is a good wheeze to deny our normal freedoms for longer than need be...or..God Forbid....indefinitely.
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
hammeredsi

"We're doomed" (in a private Frazers voice) # Dad's Army :lol: