August giveaway result

Detecting Hub Team

Just for a bit of fun we thought we'd ask to see your mankiest coin or artefact. :D

We have some cleaning pencils to give away but rather than a straightforward draw we thought we'd have you decide who gets them via a poll. To begin with we thought maybe "the most improved coin or artefact after cleaning" would be good but then realised that if the object had been cleaned that well the finder probably wouldn't need any more cleaning gear! :oops: So here's the plan...

Submit an image of any find you've made which would benefit from a good ole clean up. At the end of this month we'll open up a poll for you to vote for the find you'd most like to see spruced up and we'll send the pencils to the winner for them to use on it.

*** Amendment - a crusty find can be from any time - not just this month ***

The prize, pictured below, is a set of Andre pencils together with a composite cleaning pencil which comes with two inserts.

So just post your entries onto this thread, and remember you may enter more than once. (Just be aware that we'll know if you've scoured your finds cabinet and gunked up a couple of belters with mud :lol: )

Thread will be locked on 31 August. Good luck, and look forward to seeing your 'orrible bits and pieces :thumbsup:
Attachments
pencils.jpg
alloverover

Good idea for a competition that :thumbsup:
Easylife

An excuse to get out in August to find something pretty manky! :D :thumbsup:
TerraBritannia

I've had a few manky finds today, the problem though is can I restrain myself from having a go at them before I post a photo. :Thinking:
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Oxgirl

Can I enter? :D
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
alloverover

I would of put this up if I hadn't had it last month and had a little scrape of it, I reckon those Andre's crayons would be just the thing :thumbsup:
Attachments
20210801_222248.jpg
figgis

alloverover wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 pm
I would of put this up if I hadn't had it last month and had a little scrape of it, I reckon those Andre's crayons would be just the thing :thumbsup:
Rule now changed to say a find can be from any time, not just August. As it should have been from the kickoff :oops:
figgis

Oxgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:17 pm
Of course, if due provision is made with regards the mods' jelly bean stash :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

figgis wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:44 pm
Oxgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:17 pm
Of course, if due provision is made with regards the mods' jelly bean stash :thumbsup:
But I don’t know where he’s stashed the cache :( I think he’s put it somewhere unspeakable and has probably sucked them all for a bit of extra security :roll:

Darn it, worth a go though ;)
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
alloverover

figgis wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 pm
alloverover wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Rule now changed to say a find can be from any time, not just August. As it should have been from the kickoff :oops:
Ok, then I put up the cutaway George V Farthing pendant as first contender :lol: :thumbsup:
figgis

Oxgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:49 pm
I think he’s put it somewhere unspeakable and has probably sucked them all for a bit of extra security :roll:
Christ yes, I'd forgotten he does that. Best start another one and hide it up :thumbsup:
Easylife

figgis wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:37 pm
Rule changes are as quick as Gov policies then! :lol:
Now I have less incentive to detect in August!
So best look for something that I haven't already cleaned up? It doesn't leave too much, but there was that one thing! :Thinking: :lol:
figgis

Easylife wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:28 pm
So best look for something that I haven't already cleaned up? It doesn't leave too much, but there was that one thing! :Thinking: :lol:
Yar, what with the way things have been for many over the past 18 months, most finds would have been cleaned to within an inch of their lives. I was even eying up my blank Georgian coppers at one point but wasn't quite desperate enough to buff them up :D
Easylife

figgis wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:33 pm
I was even eying up my blank Georgian coppers at one point but wasn't quite desperate enough to buff them up :D
No, anyone who does that should be banned for life! :lol:
All my finds over the last year are in a box, just started to look through them, but some seem a bit alien to me! :shock:
Jamesey1981

I already have both of these, also I can't resist cleaning everything I'm going to clean as soon as I get home so I have nothing to enter!

Good luck to everyone that enters, those are really handy bits of kit. :)
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6