EMI problems - machine went crazy.

Dave77

This is the first time I have had this problem but y`day 2 x nox 800 and a Vanquish went crazy. I tried noise cancelling mine many times without it helping, I turned the sensitivity down but still the same. I had to use a single frequency all day.
Turned out there was an underground power cable running down the middle of the field.

Is there any other way to still use multi ?
Thanks,
Dave
Nox 800
Littleboot

I have the same problem with a field of mine. If I forget about the high voltage cable under the field the Nox goes apoplectic.
I have then found it is upset for a while even if I move away....so I turn off.....then walk away about 15 yards and turn on again and all is well.
I haven't found any other solution to this problem because the cable gives off such strong EMI.
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Pete E

Dave77 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:18 pm
This is the first time I have had this problem but y`day 2 x nox 800 and a Vanquish went crazy. I tried noise cancelling mine many times without it helping, I turned the sensitivity down but still the same. I had to use a single frequency all day.
Turned out there was an underground power cable running down the middle of the field.

Is there any other way to still use multi ?
I am sure it depends on the type of cable, but what I have noticed with the over head power cables is that some days the EMI is worse than others..Thinking about it, I suspect that the EMI depends on how much load is being drawn....One field I detect on has the small "feeder" over head cables going to a few properties further up the lane..The EMI is very variable even during a single visit...
Ladybird66

The weather makes a big difference. If it’s damp and/or misty the EMFI is unbelievable. Also I have 2 Major lines with multiple overhead cables to deal with in some of my fields. I’ve found I can get away with dropping the sensitivity before I go under and raising it when I’m past. Only consolation I get is National Grid use them on alternate 2 weeks.
I haven’t, as yet, encountered one underground but I should think the ground conditions would act as an amplification, a bit like lightening.
I’ve read that a whole football team was knocked out when listening struck the pitch.
Best of luck with it.
Dave77

Littleboot wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:18 am
I have the same problem with a field of mine. If I forget about the high voltage cable under the field the Nox goes apoplectic.
I have then found it is upset for a while even if I move away....so I turn off.....then walk away about 15 yards and turn on again and all is well.
I haven't found any other solution to this problem because the cable gives off such strong EMI.
The only way we could detect was to use single frequencies. It wasn`t a very enjoyable day.
Thanks,
Dave
Nox 800