Deus x35 coil size

Oxgirl

mattjb wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:41 am
Oxgirl wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:58 pm
11”

Balances ground coverage and sensitivity :thumbsup:
That what I went for in the end. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow, Other half and young un are away all weekend at a wedding I managed to avoid so a weekend of learning as I go awaits! To be honest from what I’ve seen on Gary Blackwell’s vids it should be too hard, just getting used to the tones the other way round than the way I’ve got them on the xs
I picked it up very quickly after only detecting for a few months. The Deus is actually a very easy machine to get the basics of and you’ll love it - guaranteed!
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Spook

Gary swings an equinox away from YouTube
Also has an amazing life story, good bloke been through it and came out real good
Oxgirl

Spook wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:32 pm
Gary swings an equinox away from YouTube
Also has an amazing life story, good bloke been through it and came out real good
If you say so. I’m sure he’s tested lots of machines, including the equinox but if you are trying to convince anyone that he uses a nox as his preferred machine then you are really not in this world. He is paid by XP, it’s his full time job, so rumours like that are incredibly dangerous too - just think about that…
chill…karma will fix it

Bigtim1973

Someone else mentioned this to me on another UK forum.

It wouldn't be against the law. On his personal YouTube channel he shows and test many machines going back several years

But this was before XP picked him up.

He was making Deus videos before he was XP's poster child too.

He is passionate about the hobby.

But if he really did use an equinox on one of your public rallies in the UK, I am sure someone would have posted a pic on it on YouTube and it would have shown up everywhere.

Then I believe XP would cut him off IMO because it would betray XP trust in Gary.

I have had several chats by email with him.

An exceptional fellow.
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
mattjb

On some YouTube vids where people are sponsored you do wonder if the users would pick to use the kit . One of my favourite detecting YouTubers is Norfolk Button Boy. He’s been sponsored by one of the big uk detector stores for a fair while and used to always use a nox but now only seems to use a deus. The detector store doesn’t deal in minelabs but does in Xp. Whether the two are related who knows!
The Deus Lite arrived yesterday,amazing how light it is and how compact it is when folded up. I put in the hot program on 2.5 reactivity as quite a few people seem to recommend that and will start with that at the weekend. I got a load of old finds out and some bits of iron and had a good listen to the tones.
Looking forward to having a good go at the weekend
Easylife

mattjb wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:10 pm
I put in the hot program on 2.5 reactivity as quite a few people seem to recommend that and will start with that at the weekend.
Try it on some land that you have hammered with the XS, hopefully it will come alive again. :thumbsup:
Bigtim1973

mattjb wrote:
On some YouTube vids where people are sponsored you do wonder if the users would pick to use the kit . One of my favourite detecting YouTubers is Norfolk Button Boy. He’s been sponsored by one of the big uk detector stores for a fair while and used to always use a nox but now only seems to use a deus. The detector store doesn’t deal in minelabs but does in Xp. Whether the two are related who knows!
The Deus Lite arrived yesterday,amazing how light it is and how compact it is when folded up. I put in the hot program on 2.5 reactivity as quite a few people seem to recommend that and will start with that at the weekend. I got a load of old finds out and some bits of iron and had a good listen to the tones.

I have watched that fellow a few times. He does a lot with the Norfolk Girl detects.

I have only saw him swing an equinox so far

It doesn't really matter to me. I watch all brand name videos.

So which lite configuration did you happen to go with?

The 11 inch x35 or 9 inch x3 coil??

Which back phones did you get?

Ws4 or Ws5??
Mucky

Depends on your permissions really.. 11inch if mostly pasture and probably 9inch for ploughed.
Personal choice I would go 11. :thumbsup:
mattjb

Bigtim1973 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 pm
mattjb wrote:

I have watched that fellow a few times. He does a lot with the Norfolk Girl detects.

Ws4 or Ws5??
I went for the 11 inch x35 with the ws4 . I figured as most of the fields are large the larger coil will give me better coverage and if I need a smaller coil I’ll get a 9 inch hf . I’ll see how I get on with the 11 first
Bigtim1973

mattjb wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 am
Bigtim1973 wrote:
mattjb wrote:

Ws4 or Ws5??
I went for the 11 inch x35 with the ws4 . I figured as most of the fields are large the larger coil will give me better coverage and if I need a smaller coil I’ll get a 9 inch hf . I’ll see how I get on with the 11 first

I am dure you will be happy with your decision.

I was curious about which phones you picked as I have just received a set of ws5 headphones myself.

I always read where guys say they are bulky.

Personally I found the comfortable.

The drawback is you cannot remove the puck controller.

But you can still replace the battery when you have to.

I came across a lite set up with the X35 coil 9 inch.

I just wanted the coil and full control stem

Now I think I may keep the ws5 as well.
Oxgirl

mattjb wrote:
The hot programme is the preferred one for many of us, especially with the small tweak on reactivity. However it is an advanced full tones programme and if you have the lite set up it might not be the best starting point. I started on GMP, programme 3, which I used exclusively for 3 months when I first started with the Deus. It’s a 5 tone programme so you get to hear the different tones but aren’t overwhelmed by the barrage of chirps that full tones throws at you.

Whenever I hear anyone saying the Deus is too complicated it’s because they’ve started on HOT or another full tone programme. It chirps away on clean ground anyway so being able to extract the good tones on a noisier background can be very frustrating if you haven’t got your ear tuned in yet.

Obviously do whatever you feel works for you but consider GMP if hot sends you a bit boggle eyed :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

mattjb

Oxgirl wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:22 pm
mattjb wrote:
The hot programme is the preferred one for many of us, especially with the small tweak on reactivity. However it is an advanced full tones programme and if you have the lite set up it might not be the best starting point. I started on GMP, programme 3, which I used exclusively for 3 months when I first started with the Deus. It’s a 5 tone programme so you get to hear the different tones but aren’t overwhelmed by the barrage of chirps that full tones throws at you.

Whenever I hear anyone saying the Deus is too complicated it’s because they’ve started on HOT or another full tone programme. It chirps away on clean ground anyway so being able to extract the good tones on a noisier background can be very frustrating if you haven’t got your ear tuned in yet.

Obviously do whatever you feel works for you but consider GMP if hot sends you a bit boggle eyed :thumbsup:
Thanks Cath, I’ll bear that in mind . I’m used to a barrage of noise from using the xs on max manual sensitivity on all metal so hopefully I will manage with it in hot. If not I’ll give GMP a try . The deus fast seems to be one of the other recommended programs for new users, I see it’s very similar to gmp but faster from what the manual says. Is there much difference in depth between the commonly used programs or are they much of a muchness so to speak?
:thumbsup:
mattjb

Bigtim1973 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:07 pm
mattjb wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:22 am
Bigtim1973 wrote:
mattjb wrote:

Ws4 or Ws5??

I am dure you will be happy with your decision.

I was curious about which phones you picked as I have just received a set of ws5 headphones myself.

I always read where guys say they are bulky.

Personally I found the comfortable.

The drawback is you cannot remove the puck controller.

But you can still replace the battery when you have to.

I came across a lite set up with the X35 coil 9 inch.

I just wanted the coil and full control stem

Now I think I may keep the ws5 as well.
The ws4 will take a bit of getting used to I think,I’ve watched a few vids with bits explaining how to position them correctly so I’ll see how I find them. I might also get the adapter and try the puck with earbuds as Alexander does as well
Bigtim1973

I find once you have them on, to fold the back of them down to where it rest on the back of your head.

Also having the removable puck allows you to choose anything you are comfortable with.
..I am looking forward to seeing the results of your first outing.

Keep us posted!!!
mattjb

Bigtim1973 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:18 pm
I find once you have them on, to fold the back of them down to where it rest on the back of your head.

Also having the removable puck allows you to choose anything you are comfortable with.
..I am looking forward to seeing the results of your first outing.

Keep us posted!!!
Will do!