XP ORX

Easylife

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:40 pm
If the Deus doesn’t have a multi frequency coil option by the end of the year I’d be very surprised.
I think that you're gonna be surprised then. XP will likely have to design a completely new multi-frequency machine or even use older technology like Garrett plan to, but only time will tell.
Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:40 pm
The Equinox looks good too but I have noticed a few YouTubers who have gone back to the Deus so I guess you’ll end up being a lover of one make or another.
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, you really should try a Nox out Cath that has been set up correct on one of your done to death fields. Any detector will find plenty but simultaneous multi-frequency will find so much more on both land and beach, has accurate target ID's at depth without lots of coke and iron, that is why I got rid of my Deus - so a win win! But having said that, some just don't like change so whatever suits? :thumbsup:

But just to add : KB whilst the Nox does have several options, most people just do a quick noise cancel and get on, so basically a switch on and go! :thumbsup:

P.s. Ooh, more smilies have just appeared! :Star:
Pete E

Kenleyboy wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 pm
Pete E wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:55 pm
Do you have much coke on any of your permissions?
No there is not a great deal of coke on permission .
I asked only because the presence of a lot of coke might have made the Nox worth considering...

I can't really comment on the Deus or Orx, but plenty of people seem to do really well with them...

A cheaper alternative that works very well on both the land and beach would be a used Macro Racer 2... That said, while not heavy, it is heavier than the XP machines though...
Bors

Where there`s the Option ,I think I`d go for with a Coke ridder than without the ability.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Mucky

ORX with X35 coil. Anyone here using this? :Thinking:
murkey

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:46 pm
Easylife wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:19 pm

It has wires that wrap round the stem :P They irritate me :D
Well just cut them off and it'll save lots of digging! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
Surely you would put up with an unobtrusive wire around the stem to needlessly digging lots of coke? :heart_eyes:
I don’t dig any coke, I know my machine and the XY screen does a beautiful job of telling me it’s coke :Luv Ya:
Exactly, you need to know the machine, good signal at 26-30 with the XY screen showing a straight up and down line is coke every time.

Saying that I fancy a Nox at some point, the coil to control box wire wouldnt bother me too much but I cannot understand why ML didnt come up with a completely wireless system like the Deus.
Okay it doesn't find you any more but it looks better, is moving with technology and visually it still looks like Deus has the edge over the old wired machines..
Pete E

While I very much like the idea of a wireless coil, I wonder whether Deus owns the patent on it? Also, I would imagine it would make additional coils even more expensive???
Mucky

Think not. It sounds like the ORX would do you well. :thumbsup: