The new Nokta Makro multi frequency machine

Post Reply
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

Seems we’re getting a flurry of new detectors soon. Nokta intend to get their new machine out this year, so in the next couple of months. They had intended to launch in the summer but there were improvements needed after testing so they delayed it.

It seems we do know a few things already (direct from the people at Nokta)

1. There will be the option to use simultaneous multi frequency or a single frequency. The exact range of frequencies hasn’t yet been confirmed though.
2. It’s a brand new machine, not a simplex upgraded option. It won’t be entry level but the price will be ‘competitive’
3. It’ll use the simplex housing though as that’s well tested and robust
4. There’ll be a rechargeable battery
5. There’ll be a flashlight and vibration mode for more convenient search. Hoping this is for underwater searching!
6. The kit will include wireless Bluetooth headphones
7. The machine will be waterproof and fully submersible.
8. It’ll have an 11” coil and possibly a 6” option too.

Looks like they are working on a pulse machine too! This interview with Dilek Gonulay (their marketing and sales director) is interesting :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

No5 is "Night Hawk Mode" !!! :lol: :lol:
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Seriously, it sounds like this new machine has a lot of potential!

I think Nokta have been a breath of fresh air on the detector scene and they really seem responsive to what the market wants...

I would love to know how Nokta and Xp got around the MF patents already held by ML and other detector companies though; it would make for very interesting reading I bet...
User avatar
BuriedByTime&Dust
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 149 times

Pete E wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:42 am
Seriously, it sounds like it has a lot of potential!
I think Nokta have been a breath of fresh air on the detector scene and they really seem responsive to what the market wants...

I would love to know how Nocta and Xp got around the MF patents already held by ML and other detector companies though; it would make for very interesting reading I bet...
I think the ML patent simply expired, which is why Garrett, NM and now XP are able to add SMF to their machines.
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:44 am
I think the ML patent simply expired, which is why Garrett, NM and now XP are able to add SMF to their machines.
Possibly, although I thought ML would have had new patents when the Nox was launched...
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

Pete E wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:00 am
BuriedByTime&Dust wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:44 am
I think the ML patent simply expired, which is why Garrett, NM and now XP are able to add SMF to their machines.
Possibly, although I thought ML would have had new patents when the Nox was launched...
It's not just the MF alone, it's the Minelab Multi IQ technology too that makes the difference. :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

Easylife wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 am
Pete E wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:00 am
BuriedByTime&Dust wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:44 am
I think the ML patent simply expired, which is why Garrett, NM and now XP are able to add SMF to their machines.
Possibly, although I thought ML would have had new patents when the Nox was launched...
It's not just the MF alone, it's the Minelab Multi IQ technology too that makes the difference. :thumbsup:
I’m not sure it was. Minelab and XP were in a legal battle over simultaneous multi frequency a few years ago I believe. Now the original ‘catch all’ patent has expired it’s opened the door for variations on it. I’m sure ML have strong patents on their version but others can now use the basic principle. Well that’s my understanding but I could very well be wrong :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
User avatar
Saffron
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Has thanked: 832 times
Been thanked: 794 times

Pete E wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am
No5 is "Night Hawk Mode" !!! :lol: :lol:
Do not knock nr 5 (5. There’ll be a flashlight and vibration mode for more convenient search).

My previous machine was the Makro Racer 2, and it is still in the car as a back up or for if an unexpected chance to go detecting pops up when the Nox is at home, this had a flashlight option with the light on the back of the control box and directed at the coil.

There were several times when detecting (legally on my own permissions) that at the end of the session it was becoming dusk and when you got a signal it helped to identify exactly where you had pinpointed. Additionally once you had dug the sod out it let you see what was in the hole and retrieve the target.

In the last fortnight I have had 3 short evening sessions with the Nox where for the last target or two I have wished that it had this facility or that I was using the Racer 2.

Most significantly regarding the "Night Hawk Mode" comment is that the one band of detectorist that will NOT use the light are nighthawks. As with any light it will only allow the user to see a certain distance however it can be seen from many times that distance away. A nighthawk most certainly would not use the light as it would attract attention.

Evan
User avatar
Saffron
Posts: 668
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm
Has thanked: 832 times
Been thanked: 794 times

I had an exchange with Dilek a while ago and when talking about this machine it was very obvious by reading between the lines that it was directly target at the proven "top end" Equinox 800.

Nokta Marko produce quality, reliable , robust, very competatively priced equipment. I am certain that this machine will be well worth looking at for anybody wanting a multi-freq machine.

Read through those points in the inital post again and you will see that this is a very serious machine with a lot going for it.

Now come on Minelab get your act together and add an upgrade to the Nox of a flashight that can be retrofitted for a tenner.

Evan
User avatar
Jamesey1981
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
Has thanked: 574 times
Been thanked: 399 times

Patents are not always 100% watertight either.

Back in the eighties there was a console, the atari 2600, and very popular it was too, but there was a competitor, the colecovision.

Coleco made an add on that plugged into a colecovision that would enable it to use atari 2600 game cartridges.

Atari were understandably not happy about this, so took them to court. Coleco proved that they had only used off the shelf components and therefore hadn't infringed on anything proprietary, won the case and atari had to pay all coleco's costs.

This is the one add on I don't have for the colecovision and I really want one!
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Saffron wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Pete E wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am
No5 is "Night Hawk Mode" !!! :lol: :lol:
Do not knock nr 5 (5. There’ll be a flashlight and vibration mode for more convenient search).

My previous machine was the Makro Racer 2, and it is still in the car as a back up or for if an unexpected chance to go detecting pops up when the Nox is at home, this had a flashlight option with the light on the back of the control box and directed at the coil.

There were several times when detecting (legally on my own permissions) that at the end of the session it was becoming dusk and when you got a signal it helped to identify exactly where you had pinpointed. Additionally once you had dug the sod out it let you see what was in the hole and retrieve the target.

In the last fortnight I have had 3 short evening sessions with the Nox where for the last target or two I have wished that it had this facility or that I was using the Racer 2.

Most significantly regarding the "Night Hawk Mode" comment is that the one band of detectorist that will NOT use the light are nighthawks. As with any light it will only allow the user to see a certain distance however it can be seen from many times that distance away. A nighthawk most certainly would not use the light as it would attract attention.

Evan
Not knocking the feature, just a bit of humour with how it's referred too...I should say I too have the Racer 2, although I never really used the light, I really like the machine and would recommend it to anyone....That said, with regards a new machine, i am not sure if it is still relevent or whether the Simplex offers the same performance only cheaper?
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

Saffron wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:08 pm
I had an exchange with Dilek a while ago and when talking about this machine it was very obvious by reading between the lines that it was directly target at the proven "top end" Equinox 800.

Nokta Marko produce quality, reliable , robust, very competatively priced equipment. I am certain that this machine will be well worth looking at for anybody wanting a multi-freq machine.

Read through those points in the inital post again and you will see that this is a very serious machine with a lot going for it.

Now come on Minelab get your act together and add an upgrade to the Nox of a flashight that can be retrofitted for a tenner.

Evan
I think if any company can rattle ML it is Nokta, and frankly the more competition, the better it is for us consumers...Although you mention the Nox, if the new machine offers comparable performance at a lower price, it will also take a big chunk of the Vanquish market by default...
bob79
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:03 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Being unveiled on 19th November 6pm.
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

bob79 wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:39 am
Being unveiled on 19th November 6pm.
November is going to be a good month for new detectors!
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

Oxgirl wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:28 am
November is going to be a good month for new detectors!
Just in time for Crimbo! :silent:

Edit: Oh no, I said the 'C' word! :shock:
Good things come to those who wait.
Post Reply