The new Nokta Makro multi frequency machine

Jamesey1981

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:16 pm
‘Changing the game’ is a nonsensical statement that means nothing. Having been through many an Advertising Standards Association (ASA) approval for adverts I’d say you’d get away with that. The Minelab claim to make other machines obsolete would however be unlikely to pass muster, so if the other manufacturers didn’t like it they should have complained ;)
Indeed, in fact it could be changing the game for the worse and still be accurate, marketing speak that when you really drill down into it doesn't actually mean anything, lol.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6
figgis

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 pm
marketing speak that when you really drill down into it doesn't actually mean anything, lol.
That accounts for pretty much all of it, doesn't it? :lol:
DaveP

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:16 pm
‘Changing the game’ is a nonsensical statement that means nothing. Having been through many an Advertising Standards Association (ASA) approval for adverts I’d say you’d get away with that. The Minelab claim to make other machines obsolete would however be unlikely to pass muster, so if the other manufacturers didn’t like it they should have complained ;)
Sorry to say the ASA don't approve adverts, they only regulate them after the fact and according to the various advertising codes. "Changing the game" is a perfectly reasonable and meaningful claim but needs substantiation. The way most folks "get away" with claims is by using various forms of advertising that don't require pre-clearance and it's why you tend to see a lot of spurious and misleading claims on the net. The advertising rules are the same for all advertising formats from the product packaging, to print, radio, internet, VoD, cinema, and TV. However, there are additional restrictions placed on broadcast media - all your TV ads are pre-cleared but that's not done by the ASA.
There are a number of ways you can support "changing the game" but the product has to be able to support that claim. There are plenty of products that have "changed the game" for the consumer. IF (and it always depends on the context and the data) Minelab brought to the consumer a combination of selectable multifrequency modes along with single frequency selection at a non-premium price point that was different to the rest of the market then it would be "changing the game". You may not like the claim but that isn't the point. That would, in my opinion, pass both pre-clearance and an ASA review - I consult for both lots and have a range of industry clients where I help them get claims and I design their methods from pure technical stuff through to clinical trials and consumer tests. Sort of poacher and gamekeeper in one :D

As for other companies complaining - that's rarely a profitable route and I would always council against it in the first instance as it gets messy very quickly. And then you need some expensive experts :D
DaveP

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:31 pm
Indeed, in fact it could be changing the game for the worse and still be accurate, marketing speak that when you really drill down into it doesn't actually mean anything, lol.
Unfortunately not. The implication of the claim and common understanding of the phrase is that things get better. Under the consumer protection regulations the advertising, including the claims is considered as follows, " The likely effect of a marketing communication is generally considered from the point of view of the average consumer whom it reaches or to whom it is addressed. The average consumer is assumed to be reasonably well-informed, observant and circumspect" Which is all of you lot :lol:
bob79

On the Black Friday deals you can get the Simplex with Bluetooth headphones and a free pinpointer for under £300.
Pete E

bob79 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am
On the Black Friday deals you can get the Simplex with Bluetooth headphones and a free pinpointer for under £300.
If you are allowed to say on here Bob, can you say where? I know someone looking to upgrade from a fairly basic Garret....
Blackadder43

Pete E wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 pm
If you are allowed to say on here Bob, can you say where? I know someone looking to upgrade from a fairly basic Garret....
No problem giving details of bargains chaps :thumbsup:

Edit:
If that basic garrett comes up for sale let me know please Pete
I have a young autistic friend who is getting into the hobby, he has only a cheap yukky type machine but is showing enough interest that his mum has asked me to source a machine on a budget :thumbsup:
I am not known for my ID skills, but i make a cracking brew :thumbsup:
bob79

Pete E wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 pm
Leisure Promotions, Pete.
coal digger

bob79 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am
Is the 20%applicable on the simplex bundle? Which is currently £360.
Pete E

bob79 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:41 pm
Leisure Promotions, Pete.
Thanks Bob!
Oxgirl

coal digger wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:46 pm
Is the 20%applicable on the simplex bundle? Which is currently £360.
Yup - £295. 20 https://www.lpmetaldetecting.com/produc ... ab11&_ss=r :thumbsup:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
coal digger

Oxgirl wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm
Yup - £295. 20 https://www.lpmetaldetecting.com/produc ... ab11&_ss=r :thumbsup:
Thanks cath. One kit heading up north👍
Oxgirl

coal digger wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 pm
Thanks cath. One kit heading up north👍
Exciting - for you or someone else?
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
coal digger

Oxgirl wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:08 pm
Exciting - for you or someone else?
For me,I was waiting till the smf was released but I gather it wasn't any deeper. I spend 11 months on pasture so opted for the simplex.
Easylife

coal digger wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:25 pm
For me, I was waiting till the smf was released but I gather it wasn't any deeper. I spend 11 months on pasture so opted for the simplex.
What is your current detector?
Good things come to those who wait.