Harvest watch

Oxgirl

figgis wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:44 pm
Just back from Surrey and in between cursing at various forms of the usual idiocy displayed on the M25 I was clocking the fields all the way up and it's all browning off nicely and one local field was actually being harvested :thumbsup:
I’m just going to drive round some of mine to check them out :D I’ll report back later
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Oxgirl

Just did an hours drive round 3 permissions. The hay is in :thumbsup: the ground is to dry to dig though I suspect :(

The wheat is 2-3 weeks away (in my expert ;) opinion). You can easily squish a nail in the kernels but they are nicely golden. For anyone who doesn’t know, a good rule of thumb is that it’ll be harvested within 7 days when you can’t bite a kernel with any reasonable force.

Didn’t check the barley field cause I couldn’t find anywhere to park.

There was a polo match about to start in one field as I drove past though. It’s right posh round here :lol:

Anyways that’s my update :Party:
chill…karma will fix it

HolzHammer

figgis wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:44 pm
Just back from Surrey and in between cursing at various forms of the usual idiocy displayed on the M25 I was clocking the fields all the way up and it's all browning off nicely and one local field was actually being harvested :thumbsup:

...the neighbouring farmer to me has started too, but he always makes a point of starting early and prides himself annually on being always the first to finish his harvest... he is a right t**t! 😁
TheFenTiger

Lots of barley harvest in cambs right now. My permission in suffolk should be good to go next weekend
alloverover

TheFenTiger wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 pm
Lots of barley harvest in cambs right now. My permission in suffolk should be good to go next weekend
Yep, loads of it going on, was nearly written off by a 16 year old driving a Fendt and bailer doing about 40 round a corner earlier :roll: :thumbdown:
coal digger

Was supposed to be out on Friday but the combine was struggling with the nails in the Viking ship that's was just below the surface,I'm sick of those things😌
alloverover

coal digger wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:40 pm
Was supposed to be out on Friday but the combine was struggling with the nails in the Viking ship that's was just below the surface,I'm sick of those things😌
Pain in the arse those Viking burials mate, they would never of forseen the problems when constructing the mounds that they would cause, even the mighty Fendt have issues with the nails and gold armlets :thumbdown:
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:47 pm
coal digger wrote:
Pain in the arse those Viking burials mate, they would never of forseen the problems when constructing the mounds that they would cause, even the mighty Fendt have issues with the nails and gold armlets :thumbdown:
You think they’d have designed a machine to cope by now really. Common problem but still they struggle :roll:
chill…karma will fix it

coal digger

Oxgirl wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:55 pm
alloverover wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:47 pm
coal digger wrote:
You think they’d have designed a machine to cope by now really. Common problem but still they struggle :roll:
They did cath. Last year the farmer fitted tungstone carbide tips to cope with the copious amounts of parade helmets stuffed in a Roman galley. Just a mare😅
figgis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I have a puff of whatever it is you lot have been smoking, please? :thumbsup:
alloverover

Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:18 pm
How’s your area progressing? Let us know

If you want to know how your fields are looking then don’t bother driving over, use this handy satellite tool. It updates every couple of days and, provided there’s no cloud cover, you can see how your field looks without being in the field. Worth bookmarking!

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentinel- ... ates=false
Is anybody else as daft as me ?

Ive looked at this site for my areas numerous times and the satalite image has never changed, always been the same photos since Cath posted this, ive just had another look and yep, still the same images,
so I looked a little harder and eventualy saw the calender and date that you can scroll through at the top of the page, what a dimbo, it looks much more useful now I am not stuck in June :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:56 pm
Oxgirl wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:18 pm
How’s your area progressing? Let us know

If you want to know how your fields are looking then don’t bother driving over, use this handy satellite tool. It updates every couple of days and, provided there’s no cloud cover, you can see how your field looks without being in the field. Worth bookmarking!

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/sentinel- ... ates=false

Ive looked at this site for my areas numerous times and the satalite image has never changed, always been the same photos since Cath posted this, ive just had another look and yep, still the same images,
so I looked a little harder and eventualy saw the calender and date that you can scroll through at the top of the page, what a dimbo, it looks much more useful now I am not stuck in June :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
:rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
chill…karma will fix it

figgis

alloverover wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:56 pm

*Holds hand up* :oops: