Regional Map & Clubs.

jcmaloney
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Back in the old website days there was a "semi interactive" regional map and a list of clubs in each region.
It was often said the NCMD`s strength was it`s regions and clubs..... even if 60% of the members were on the CTR. :D
Any chance of it being reinstated in some format?
At least then "newbies" could try approaching a proper club first rather than some "FB cash club"... :thumbsup:
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
TheFenTiger
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 394 times

I have been asking for years what clubs are in my region but never have had a response.
Dave
jcmaloney
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Don`t suppose this made the AGM or will one of the paid posts be picking it up? *


*he says mischieviously .....
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
TheFenTiger
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 394 times

Considering one of the regional reps for my area was voted in to the committee, as far as I can see there is no Anglian region. Repeated questioning on what clubs are in my region and what is happening that I can get involved with has yet to get a response.
Dave
jcmaloney
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Just bumping this in the vain hope that some format of map with Regions & Clubs or even a simple list might/will/possibly appear....
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 2942
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 2155 times

I guess that a lot of clubs don't feel the need to promote themselves if they don't need any new members?
Good things come to those who wait.
TheFenTiger
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 394 times

Easylife wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 pm
I guess that a lot of clubs don't feel the need to promote themselves if they don't need any new members?
But the issue is more that you cannot be part of the NCMD structure unless you are in an "approved" club. And no one knows what those approved clubs are as the regions are a closed shop. Reading the latest Digging Deep, they explain how it works in the regions in that the regions supposedly get all of the inside information about what the NCMD are doing and what they are doing to influence the committee but if you are outside of the regions you don't have a clue and zero say.

I have to say I learnt more from the published accounts in 5 minutes than I have ever known in the 8 years I have been a member.
Dave
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

TheFenTiger wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:27 am
Easylife wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 pm
I guess that a lot of clubs don't feel the need to promote themselves if they don't need any new members?
But the issue is more that you cannot be part of the NCMD structure unless you are in an "approved" club. And no one knows what those approved clubs are as the regions are a closed shop. Reading the latest Digging Deep, they explain how it works in the regions in that the regions supposedly get all of the inside information about what the NCMD are doing and what they are doing to influence the committee but if you are outside of the regions you don't have a clue and zero say.

I have to say I learnt more from the published accounts in 5 minutes than I have ever known in the 8 years I have been a member.
The organisation really needs an overhaul, but I suspect the Region's will not allow anything that diminish es their perceived power...

We are lucky in that our Club sends somebody to the regional meetings, so we get quite good feed back, but it's obvious thats not the same for other clubs in other regions...
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

jcmaloney wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Just bumping this in the vain hope that some format of map with Regions & Clubs or even a simple list might/will/possibly appear....
John the website is being revamped so sure it’ll appear when that’s done :thumbsup: That is if some regions actually don’t try and block the new website cause it might mean paying people and obviously some don’t think anyone should be paid :pulling hair out:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

TheFenTiger wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:27 am

I have to say I learnt more from the published accounts in 5 minutes than I have ever known in the 8 years I have been a member.
And you should get that level of info, it’s important. Sadly there are some people in the regions who don’t agree nor do they think that people should have a choice to be an NCMD member in whatever form they choose to be one. Some of the regions are active, vibrant and a great way to get a wider input to NCMD decisions. Others offer no additional benefit to anyone as they don’t even show up to meetings and certainly don’t talk to their regional membership. Some if these regions have had the same people running them for decades despite the fact they are doing nothing.

The NCMD have promised a member questionnaire to get input to policy decisions and the changes to the website and other communications. That should be the first task for the new comms person :thumbsup: I’m hoping a member only section will allow mini surveys to be done and get discussions going. As an independent member I feel strongly that as a collective our voices are not heard well enough nor are our numbers recognised well enough in the voting system. That has to change. Sadly looks like some regions don’t like that idea though - makes you wonder if their actions to oppose any changes are in the best interests of the NCMD or their own egos/ thirst for power and glory.
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
TheFenTiger
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 394 times

Oxgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:28 pm
TheFenTiger wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:27 am

I have to say I learnt more from the published accounts in 5 minutes than I have ever known in the 8 years I have been a member.
And you should get that level of info, it’s important. Sadly there are some people in the regions who don’t agree nor do they think that people should have a choice to be an NCMD member in whatever form they choose to be one. Some of the regions are active, vibrant and a great way to get a wider input to NCMD decisions. Others offer no additional benefit to anyone as they don’t even show up to meetings and certainly don’t talk to their regional membership. Some if these regions have had the same people running them for decades despite the fact they are doing nothing.

The NCMD have promised a member questionnaire to get input to policy decisions and the changes to the website and other communications. That should be the first task for the new comms person :thumbsup: I’m hoping a member only section will allow mini surveys to be done and get discussions going. As an independent member I feel strongly that as a collective our voices are not heard well enough nor are our numbers recognised well enough in the voting system. That has to change. Sadly looks like some regions don’t like that idea though - makes you wonder if their actions to oppose any changes are in the best interests of the NCMD or their own egos/ thirst for power and glory.
After reading the Midlands region rant I can now see why the NCMD has never progressed. It isn't 1980 any more. I am in the Anglian region in a club that helped form it but seems is no longer part of it. There is nothing anywhere apart from an email address that never gets answered to say what the region is doing. Through research it seems there are regions that are active and have an online presence but how are you supposed to learn about your region if you cant access it?

Is there a reason given why they would not attend zoom meetings other than it is not in the constitution to do that?
Dave
jcmaloney
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 166 times

Oxgirl wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:16 pm
jcmaloney wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:58 pm
Just bumping this in the vain hope that some format of map with Regions & Clubs or even a simple list might/will/possibly appear....
John the website is being revamped so sure it’ll appear when that’s done :thumbsup: That is if some regions actually don’t try and block the new website cause it might mean paying people and obviously some don’t think anyone should be paid :pulling hair out:
Couldn`t possibly comment................ :D :D

Thank you. It should be a relatively simple task and guide new folk to "proper" clubs rather than "Cash Groups". :thumbsup:
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 3783
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 2202 times
Been thanked: 2893 times

TheFenTiger wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:50 pm

Is there a reason given why they would not attend zoom meetings other than it is not in the constitution to do that?
They might not get to bang on a table? They are bloody minded? They didn’t have an issue per se but it was a stalling tactic so no decisions could be made? All of the above? None of the above?

They claim publicly they don’t think zoom meetings are as good a face to face meetings. Can’t argue with that but surely no meeting is worse than a zoom meeting? See they are happy to use zoom for their own meetings though :lol:
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Pete E
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 pm
Location: North Wales
Has thanked: 1264 times
Been thanked: 760 times

If Regions are failing to attend committee meetings and play no active part in the NCMD, maybe it's time the NCMD gets shot of them, and advises individual members to rejoin NCMD directly....This could be done when memberships are renewed in April so individual members would not loose anything...
jcmaloney
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:29 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 166 times

The grapevine roumours are that the new website is en-route.
The FB page has vanished.
Still waiting for any survey/questionnare about an ongoing structure/interactivity etc.

Just popping some ideas out as those who run clubs get asked questions by members....... :thumbsup:
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.
Post Reply