Pieces of lead

mattjb

Just happened to look closer at some of the bits of lead I found on Sunday , these 2 were on the roman patch. One is strangely shaped and I wondered if they were of any interest?
The long roughly cylindrical piece is 37mm long , 15mm diameter with no signs of iron loops or holes.
The strange shaped bit is 18mm across and 12mm thick (ish)
Attachments
BF7FA69B-C09B-4EB6-98F9-0FBF0F182016.jpeg
98B44D2D-49FA-4BE4-9B39-A8909F264331.jpeg
Oxgirl

I want to tell you these are something but I’m struggling. Lead was used like we use plastic now. Finding a piece of moulded plastic in a couple of hundred years time, then you’d know it was something when it was made but finding out what would be hard. Lead is the same :?

I too have loads of things like that in my lead bucket which I’ve given up trying to ID. It’d be good if these things could talk and tell us though, isn’t it!
chill…karma will fix it

Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
mattjb

Oxgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:15 pm
I want to tell you these are something but I’m struggling. Lead was used like we use plastic now. Finding a piece of moulded plastic in a couple of hundred years time, then you’d know it was something when it was made but finding out what would be hard. Lead is the same :?

I too have loads of things like that in my lead bucket which I’ve given up trying to ID. It’d be good if these things could talk and tell us though, isn’t it!
You are right ,they've obviously been made for a reason but like a lot of bits of lead it's hard to know what!Thought I'd ask though before they are banished to the scrap pot!
DaveP

So, in your first picture the tall piece shows a lady with her right arm raised with fabric draped over the arm and down over and across her waist with a fabric line under the right bust.
Or, it should have joined the 5kg of interesting shaped bits of lead I weighed in today (along with a bunch of electric fence batteries).
Or, I need more wine :thumbsup:
Easylife

They would both go into my lead scrap bucket. :thumbsup:
Good things come to those who wait.