Finds in my loft.

User avatar
Jamesey1981
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Apparently the Weir family are still in the watch business, although now based in Dublin, so I have emailed them to see if they can tell me anything.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 838 times

The date letter is difficult but I would say 1920's.
User avatar
Jamesey1981
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 140 times

Cartainly could be, I have seen some similar ones but they are a bit more ornate and art deco, I suppose you could still have a plain one if you wanted though.
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6
User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:46 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Oxgirl wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 pm
I too have a 1920s gold rolex that I was given as a present for my 18th birthday.
I'm doing the maths, 18th birthday, 1920s,,,,, that oil of Olay is doing a great job :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:46 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Really nice to have something to remember loved ones.... and such lovely items :thumbsup:
I have nothing from my parents :cry:
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
User avatar
Oxgirl
Posts: 2131
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:21 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 1056 times
Been thanked: 1431 times

shaggybfc wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:25 pm
Really nice to have something to remember loved ones.... and such lovely items :thumbsup:
I have nothing from my parents :cry:
That’s sad :cry: Mine are still with us thankfully but I hope I have something to remember them by. I have an ashtray with a dirty cartoon on from my grandad :lol:
Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and the gummy bear told me I’m fine
User avatar
Emily
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 94 times

That watch is just stunning!! I really love it!!

I too have a beautiful watch, although not as nice as that one. It’s a little battered, but is gold too and I think it may also be from the 1920’s. The hallmarks are too small for me to get a good picture. 🤦‍♀️ But, the inside has a lot of text on it that been scratched in over the years. I have no idea what it means, but I’ve finally got a photo showing it!!

If anyone can help with the brand I’d be very grateful. It looked like this when I got it and I’ve never discovered what it is. 😂🤷‍♀️
Attachments
EB02AE32-40D3-4E28-BC94-41854B26E995.jpeg
DDD7F80E-21DD-401B-8A36-128FBFAFE183.jpeg
A7743DA1-54EE-465A-B28C-91607DECC6AC.jpeg
F18CB5FB-C7D8-4EFE-9AEE-2A8D1991A930.jpeg
Live long and prospect
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Emily wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:05 pm
That watch is just stunning!! I really love it!!

I too have a beautiful watch, although not as nice as that one. It’s a little battered, but is gold too and I think it may also be from the 1920’s. The hallmarks are too small for me to get a good picture. 🤦‍♀️ But, the inside has a lot of text on it that been scratched in over the years. I have no idea what it means, but I’ve finally got a photo showing it!!

If anyone can help with the brand I’d be very grateful. It looked like this when I got it and I’ve never discovered what it is. 😂🤷‍♀️
I think it is a Regency watch and much later than 1920's, maybe 70's even? A pic of the date letter at the end of the hallmark would determine it.
User avatar
Emily
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Easylife wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm
Emily wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:05 pm
That watch is just stunning!! I really love it!!

I too have a beautiful watch, although not as nice as that one. It’s a little battered, but is gold too and I think it may also be from the 1920’s. The hallmarks are too small for me to get a good picture. 🤦‍♀️ But, the inside has a lot of text on it that been scratched in over the years. I have no idea what it means, but I’ve finally got a photo showing it!!

If anyone can help with the brand I’d be very grateful. It looked like this when I got it and I’ve never discovered what it is. 😂🤷‍♀️
I think it is a Regency watch and much later than 1920's, maybe 70's even? A pic of the date letter at the end of the hallmark would determine it.
Why do you think that?? If you don’t mind me asking?? ☺️ I would love to show the hallmarks, but they’re too small for me to get a photo of. I need a jewellers magnifying glass. 🤷‍♀️
Live long and prospect
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Emily wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:11 pm
Easylife wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm
I think it is a Regency watch and much later than 1920's, maybe 70's even?
Why do you think that?? If you don’t mind me asking?? ☺️
N. K. Watch Case Manufacturing Co traded as such from 1937 to 1992. The date letter is a 'U' for 1955/6. The case is 9ct gold and was made in London. It may not be Regency brand but a pic of the mechanism may give more clues.
Attachments
IMG_20210217_101139.jpg
User avatar
Emily
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Easylife wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:22 am
Emily wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:11 pm
Easylife wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm
I think it is a Regency watch and much later than 1920's, maybe 70's even?
Why do you think that?? If you don’t mind me asking?? ☺️
N. K. Watch Case Manufacturing Co traded as such from 1937 to 1992. The date letter is a 'U' for 1955/6. The case is 9ct gold and was made in London. It may not be Regency brand but a pic of the mechanism may give more clues.
I can’t believe you managed to get the information from the hallmarks in my photos!! I couldn’t make them out at all. 🤦‍♀️

Here’s the movement as requested. Not much information there though. 🤷‍♀️
Attachments
71219A67-2DD2-46C2-AEB5-64E84E8A266A.jpeg
Live long and prospect
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Emily wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:19 pm
Here’s the movement as requested. Not much information there though. 🤷‍♀️
I guess a generic Swiss movement imported and rebranded.
User avatar
Emily
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 94 times

Easylife wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:47 pm
Emily wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:19 pm
Here’s the movement as requested. Not much information there though. 🤷‍♀️
I guess a generic Swiss movement imported and rebranded.
Well, the brand is still a mystery then. Haha. ☺️
Live long and prospect
User avatar
Jamesey1981
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:09 pm
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 140 times

For those that are interested, I've put a new strap on the Avia and it is back where it belongs. :)

Excuse the hairy ape like arm...
Attachments
20210220_205226.jpg
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

XP Deus, WS4s
Minelab Equinox 600, ML80s
Minelab Explorer XS, XP blue backphones

Makro pointer, XP MI-6
User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 am
Location: Valhalla
Has thanked: 866 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Jamesey1981 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:09 pm
For those that are interested, I've put a new strap on the Avia and it is back where it belongs. :)
It looks great. :thumbsup:
Post Reply