Wiltshire Pasture

alloverover

Saffron wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 pm
alloverover wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Did something I don't normally do today.................I detected some pasture.
Working near Devizes and the landowner is amenable, didn't find to much but only had an hour
<cut>
I noticed by your final 2 photos that you had an urgent appointment afterwards. :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:

I have driven by the visitor centre a few times but never called in, is it worth a visit?. In fact saying that I have driven through Devizes several time but never stopped there but thought it look worth a visit .... might have to make a trip one day.

Evan
Sorry Evan, started writing a reply yesterday when stuck in traffic on the M4 ( I knew I should of gone on the 303) that was closed, anyway it reopened before I finished.

Yes, worth visiting I reckon, they are not doing tours at the moment but have a nice bar and shop that are open, they are also giving away 7 pallet loads of free glasses at the moment, just pop into the shop and ask :thumbsup:
alloverover

Oxgirl wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:39 pm
Nice to just go somewhere different, enjoy the local scenery and get a pint. Shocked you rarely do pasture though. I still prefer it!
Dont really have much my way Cath.
alloverover

Pete E wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:27 pm
mattjb wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:06 pm
Nice one! Thats the only thing that was worrying me a bit about choosing a deus over a nox ,that people seem to suggest it’s better for small shallower targets, so much mixed information out there!
Not used the Deus to any degree, but I think you will find that it does better on some targets/conditions than the Nox, but the Nox will do better on other targets in different circumstances..

With either machine, I think at least 75% of the time, the make or break is the person using it..I am finding the more I use the Nox and gain experience the better I can drive it...And apart from a person's level of experience/expertise with a particular machine, there is also their general approach to detecting...I think some people are successful simply because they have good technique and a methodical, measured approach to their detecting and use the capabilities of their machine to the max...
I bought a nox a couple of weeks ago but only used it once so far, I too was interested in how it performed and really bought it for a couple of fields where I think there may be something out of depth of the deus :thumbsup:
Saffron

alloverover wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:25 pm
Saffron wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 pm
alloverover wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Did something I don't normally do today.................I detected some pasture.
Working near Devizes and the landowner is amenable, didn't find to much but only had an hour
<cut>
I noticed by your final 2 photos that you had an urgent appointment afterwards. :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:

I have driven by the visitor centre a few times but never called in, is it worth a visit?. In fact saying that I have driven through Devizes several time but never stopped there but thought it look worth a visit .... might have to make a trip one day.

Evan
Sorry Evan, started writing a reply yesterday when stuck in traffic on the M4 ( I knew I should of gone on the 303) that was closed, anyway it reopened before I finished.

Yes, worth visiting I reckon, they are not doing tours at the moment but have a nice bar and shop that are open, they are also giving away 7 pallet loads of free glasses at the moment, just pop into the shop and ask :thumbsup:
A lady I know frequently drives a big articulated horsebox up and down the M4 so we are always comparing her hold ups on the M4 with mine on the M5 .... not a lot in it as both seem to be stationary more often than moving freely :thumbdown:

Very many thanks for that information. I will pop in sometime when I am that direction. As I am a good 1 1/2hrs from Devizes its not worth a special trip just to get a free glass, but with luck they might have a some left when I go.

Evan