Nothing good to see here!

Easylife

I grabbed a few hours on the pasture after the recent rain showers. It's not too easy to decide where to go as targets are drying up. But I had a gut feeling that there would be a few targets near the side of the lower end of a field. In fact there were many more targets there than I had expected so kind of a patch but the rest of the field has proved to be generally quiet, well apart from a similar patch on the opposite side, how odd! First target was a dumbell musket shot, a first for me, followed by a couple of coins, a small spinning top etc. A bit upslope the ground was suitably damp though 6' to the left it was bone dry! Maybe a bit odd but there are some underground springs about!
After an hour and a half I just fancied a change so switched into Gold mode and had a bit of a wander in a huge adjoining pasture field that I'm not too keen on but sure that there will be something good lurking in there somewhere. Only very infrequent targets appeared as expected though mainly just scrap. So to finish off I thought it might be interesting to have a brief wander over my well hammered "Silver Field" using Gold mode. I named it that as it it has previously produced an unnatural amount of silver artifacts, silver scrap, as well as silver milled coins. It previously seemed about void of targets but Gold mode pinged on plenty of targets mainly in the 9-12 Roman & small hammered range, though non showed. A 16 was a silver shilling on edge which gave 28 when out, showing that the Silver Field still has some more to give! Oddly another small spinning top showed identical to the one from the other field, but then old toys often do show up here.
IMG_20210811_121723.jpg
IMG_20210811_121911.jpg
About 60 targets dug in 3 hours, no great finds but it was still better than I had expected, just me and the cattle out there in solitude! And there were a lot of cattle, friendly but not over friendly! :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Dave The Slave

Plenty of finds there.
Like the pub token, are you near a river ?
Yet to find a dumbbell musket ball, amazes me how they fired them.
To me a musket ball is like a treasured item, history rather than a random blob of lead. No way would i ever scrap one.
Nice piece of Social History with the 3p return bottle top. Have a couple of 10p Corona ones.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Bigtim1973

That was a great hunt!!

I am sure in gold mode you could sniff some more out of that field.
I use the XP ORX and XP Deus Metal Detectors.
figgis

Maybe nothing spectacular there, but the land kept you busy and that's always a bonus :thumbsup:
Easylife

Dave The Slave wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:07 pm Plenty of finds there.
Like the pub token, are you near a river ?
The likely pub is about 10 miles away. It was probably lost on a picnic here. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.