Contacting NCMD

Saffron

Has anybody tried contacting the NCMD recently?. If so did you get a response?.

I contacted them with a simple question on the 13th of Sept and still have not had a reply (it must have been recieved as I had an automated reply back).

The previous time I contacted them, last year?, after contacting them a second time to ask about the status of the inital question I had a what at best could be described as a "badly worded", but what a lot of people would describe as simply rude, response saying that I should allow 28 days for a response (an unacceptable time in my view). So this time I have allowed over a month yet still had no response.

Is this common?. It certainly reflects very badly on the organisation.

Evan
Dave The Slave

Hi Evan,
just been on the NCMD website to update details.
Assumed you tried to contact, E-Mail: jjrigby@sky.com, also a phone number that goes with contact details.
Hope this was of help.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

Phone John Evan. He’s easy to get hold of :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Saffron

Oxgirl wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm Phone John Evan. He’s easy to get hold of :thumbsup:
It was John that replied to me last time with the e-mail that was at best "badly worded" !! (l actually considered it rude as I am sure others would have) :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Having just checked it I see that it was actually earlier this year rather than last year, and having reread that e-mail I see he said that the website says allow 21 days for a reply not the 28 I thought and said above - so that makes the extended delay yet another week past the time he allows to respond.

As I said I had the automated reply so the e-mail was recieved.

OXGIRL, Obviously under these circumstances you can see why I am reluctant to ring John and ask why my e-mail has not been replied to after nearly 5 weeks and have to repeat what I asked originally again. Additionally the NCMD website says he is the membership secretary and my question was not membeship related.

I have seen several comments on other sites about the way that the NCMD ignore members and do not reply to e-mails. I was hoping that now a new General Secretary was in place the situation would have improved.

Evan
Saffron

Guess what, over another 2 weeks on and still no reply :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out:

If this is the way they treat members asking a simple straight forward question (a claim I have heard several times previously) is it surprising that people are unhappy?

Maybe for the next event with a prize run by the Detecting Hub rather than rely upon BA and his wheel we should run a competition to guess when I might eventually get a reply.

Evan
Oxgirl

Email Kevin, the General Secretary, direct at ncmd-enquiries@gmail.com
Saffron

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:46 pm Email Kevin, the General Secretary, direct at ncmd-enquiries@gmail.com
I did

Immediate response :thumbsup:

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
ncmd-enquiries@gmail.com; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Think I will join FID

Evan
Saffron

So lets get this right.

e-mail from 13 Sept still not replied to. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

suggested e-mail address to use to chase lack of reply does not work :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

News items not put on the web site. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Recently collected e-mail addresses not used to inform users. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

What a (mods would censor any of the words I would like to put here, so insert your own) mess. :pulling hair out: :pulling hair out:
EDIT: For clarrification the comment "(mods would censor any of the words I would like to put here, so insert your own)" is not a dig at any of the Mods, I think they do a good job, it reflects that due to my frustration at how the NCMD seem not to communication with the membership if I said exactly what I was thinking then the Mods would RIGHTLY delete the comment and give me a slapped wrist.

Evan
Oxgirl

Saffron wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 pm I did

Immediate response :thumbsup:

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
ncmd-enquiries@gmail.com; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Think I will join FID

Evan
My mistake it’s mail.com, not Gmail. Apologies :oops:
Saffron

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:08 pm <cut>

My mistake it’s mail.com, not Gmail. Apologies :oops:
Very many thanks for the quick correction. :thumbsup:

I have just retried, and its happily gone on its merry way.

Evan
Marley

I’d love to know how much ncmd fid have acctualy paid out to a claimant

“ the gate that was left open and sheep were killed by cars claim is void because the gate squeaked so not fit for purpose “
“‘ the ground was uneven, so the claim for a broken water main is void “‘
:lol:
Saffron

Marley wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:20 am I’d love to know how much ncmd fid have acctualy paid out to a claimant

“ the gate that was left open and sheep were killed by cars claim is void because the gate squeaked so not fit for purpose “
“‘ the ground was uneven, so the claim for a broken water main is void “‘
:lol:
I can confirm that the NCMD insurance has paid out claims. However, like all insurers Hiscox do not make public the exact details. The NCMD / Hiscox insurance details are on the NCMD web page.

I have no idea about FID. When questions have been asked about their insurance there has been a stoney silence, additionally they have no details of on the website, where the only "News" item was put up in the spring saying that due to a house move they could not do any new membership or renewals until at least the end of September (as we are now in November I do not know if that meant Sept 2020 and they have significantly overrun or if they are moving between massive castles and it means Sept 2021).

Evan