Footers / Field God

Saffron

Mods: If you think this should be in another area please move the post.

A lot of footers to posts just say what equipment the poster user has, which can be useful to know at times.

But you get the odd one that is rather different, and earlier I noticed this footer on one post -
Field God Sacrifice of choice: Milk Chocolate Hobnobs

So obviously my first question is "What do I have to do to qualify as a 'Field God'; as the chance of Milk Chocolate Hobnobs is much too good to miss"
Is it a qualification provided after attending a course run by the IOD? :twisted:

Secondly does anybody have a favourite footer that they have noticed on the forum?.

Evan
Easylife

Evan, if only Iife were so simple? But as a mere mortal I'm afraid you just cannot become a field God on a whim despite the tempting offerings of chocolate hobnobs. But the consolation is that they are still available to buy in the shops with the exception of panic buying of course. Just imagine if they were unobtainable! :-o

There are some great footers about, some factual, some amusing, amongst them: "A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Love the hobnob quote. I need to find that one!

To be a field god you need to be worshipped by many others over thousands of years. You have to put up with being Invaded by wildlife, trampled on and used as a lavatory by thousands of creatures every day. If you are willing to do that then Chocolate hob nobs are more than deserved!

I’ll need to think on the favourite footer question. There have been some great ones I’ve seen over the years so a bit of thought is required to answer this correctly :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Dave The Slave

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am Love the hobnob quote. I need to find that one!

To be a field god you need to be worshipped by many others over thousands of years. You have to put up with being Invaded by wildlife, trampled on and used as a lavatory by thousands of creatures every day. If you are willing to do that then Chocolate hob nobs are more than deserved!

I’ll need to think on the favourite footer question. There have been some great ones I’ve seen over the years so a bit of thought is required to answer this correctly :D
Hi Cath, go to the Snug and read the latest poster for their signature. Not me.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Oxgirl

Dave The Slave wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:19 pm Hi Cath, go to the Snug and read the latest poster for their signature. Not me.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
I’ve seen it’s Pitbull the Elder :D Very good signature indeed :Star: I’m going out detecting now and am going to bring some chocolate biscuits with me. I need the help right now :lol:
Pitbull The Elder

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:35 am Love the hobnob quote. I need to find that one!

I’ve seen it’s Pitbull the Elder :D Very good signature indeed :Star: I’m going out detecting now and am going to bring some chocolate biscuits with me. I need the help right now :lol:
Woohoo. I get a gold star. 😆👍🌟

Yes Cath. Guilty as charged. It's my signature. 😜
Let me know how you get on today though. I was just thinking, if the Field Gods see a chocolate hobnob they might think it's me and just give you Only Foils and Horseshoes. 🤣🤣
Machine: Simplex+ Running v2.77. Standard coil
Pinpointer: Cheap and chearful GP (Fully Waterproof)
Oxgirl

Pitbull The Elder wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:57 pm Woohoo. I get a gold star. 😆👍🌟

Yes Cath. Guilty as charged. It's my signature. 😜
Let me know how you get on today though. I was just thinking, if the Field Gods see a chocolate hobnob they might think it's me and just give you Only Foils and Horseshoes. 🤣🤣
Darn it I forgot the chocolate biscuits so instead I gave a yoghurt coated ‘go ahead’ bar. The field wasn’t impressed :lol:
Saffron

Pitbull, glad you did not mind my use of your footer but I did like it.

I see Oxgirl did not take a chocolate biscuit and "the field was not impressed", well today as I had already eaten the chocolate biscuits I decided it was not even worth going out so watched the racing on TV instead.

I will get some more chocolate biscuits next week and see if it does improve my finds (highlight of my last brief session was a .303), but fear there is a significant chance that even if I get the chocolate biscuits that they might be eaten before I get out on the fields.

Evan
Pitbull The Elder

Saffron wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 pm Pitbull, glad you did not mind my use of your footer but I did like it.
Not at all Evan. I've had that signature there for about 3 weeks now. I was wondering how long it would be before someone spotted it.
I took two huge packets of milk chocolate Hobnobs away with me to nibble in the van.
Unfortunately I received a phone call call from the doctor with my blood test results while I was away.
Apparently my hba1c is quite high. I know I've been over doing it recently, probably just complacency.
The result of which means I have to go on metformin to control my insulin.
This meant I had quite a few spare biscuits to offer the beach Gods. That didn't work either, as you probably seen from the crap that I dug up. I think the trail of dogs behind me was one of the reasons. 🤣🤣🤣
Machine: Simplex+ Running v2.77. Standard coil
Pinpointer: Cheap and chearful GP (Fully Waterproof)