Leadtokendavid

leadtokendavid

Just to introduce myself, I am the author and editor of the Leaden Tokens Telegraph, a.k.a. LTT, a free newsletter which comes out every couple of months, so please do go and have a browse: www.leadtokens.org.uk, or alternatively http://www.mernick.org.uk/leadtokens/ It has been going since 2005, so there is lots there, plus an index, bibliography and a write up of my lead token classification system at the top. Do use those three hyperlinks at the top, you may well be able to answer quite a lot of your questions without going too much further. New editions come out roughly the first of every odd-numbered month.

Any queries which you send me on tokens, do include the diameter, as size is often of a great help when dating.
Attachments
LTT_homepage.jpg
Oxgirl

Welcome to the forum David. We are thrilled to have another expert in our midst. And you have got to love a lead token, well I do anyway :D

Hope you enjoy your time here :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Welcome David, I'm sure many here have a few of the less common lead tokens that they are unsure of.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Saffron

Welcome David, its always great to gain an expert to the forum who is willing to help members out with questions and IDs.

I have used the website previously, it was highly recommended to me by a friend that I believe has contributed in the past.

By using the index http://www.mernick.org.uk/leadtokens/LTT_Index.pdf I have been able to read about some lead tokens found close to where I live, and I always find local items of interest.

One quick question - it is a "Newsletter" which normally means it is e-mailed out to users but I could not find where to sign up, in this case do we just have to check the site for new items rather than it being sent out?.

Evan
Dave The Slave

Hi David and welcome.
Not found any lead tokens as yet but just clicked on the May/ June issue Mining Tokens. What a superb resource.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Saffron

In his introduction David said "Any queries which you send me on tokens, do include the diameter, as size is often of a great help when dating."

Having just browsed the September newsletter I noted this "the rule that the diameter of lead pieces most frequently accords to that of the smallest or most commonly used low-valued coin of the realm [at that time]" that is something I did not know and shows why the size of the token can be important.

Evan
figgis

Great to see another top expert joining our ranks and hope you get something from the forum, David. Your website is a cracking resource and I'd recommend it to anyone :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

Welcome in David
A great resource you have built, and your knowledge will be greatly received here at the Hub :thumbsup:
alloverover

Welcome David , ive used and perused your site many times over the years, thank you :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

Welcome David, I’m sure this forums members will keep you busy :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.