Short gold story

Marley

I’ve been fortunate to have found 3 gold coins in my near 30 years detecting , the first one was a full gold stater , the second a full gold noble and the 3rd a full gold sovereign , each have a tale but this one is about the noble.
Firstly, unfortunately for me I’m a smoker , but oddly it proved to be handy on this occasion.
I’ve a few sites very close to my door as I live rural out in the sticks with farms all around me,
This particular day I was searching a small grass field around a mile away that back in the day was a cricket pitch, around the outsides I was getting a fair few coins with some nice silvers , childs lead toys, pipe stampers
Was having a great time , I went to light a cigarette and I seen the flint fly out the lighter! Nightmare !
I tried to forget about it and carry on, but if your a smoker you will know that you can’t ,
I head back to the car searching it for another lighter but no good, wasn’t one and as you know cars these days no longer have the 12v cigarette lighter ,
So, packed the detector away and set off back home for another one , got one and headed back to the cricket field ,
Now the closest farm to me is maybe 300 yards away and I thought “ wonder if the ‘tit’ field ( I could explain why, but I won’t ) had been cut, so I drive into the farm, through various buildings and I’m at the field, not only been cut but ploughed and harrowed.
I got setup and out on the soil I went with my old trusty whites xlt , after 10 mins not finding anything right at the very edge of a swing I got an iffy signal, so I shuffle over a bit and re swing, a banger of a signal, dig down about 5 inches and the target was out ,
Still standing I could see that glint of gold , got instant butterflies in my stomach and reached down to see ......
shaggybfc

Go on,,,, to see what..... do you write storylines for Eastenders in your part time leaving us with us cliffhanger like that :D show is the gold......please :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Blackadder43

Wow excellent story marley...... :clapping:
A chain of events that led to the finding of the Full gold Noble
The odds of that all coming together must be off the scale.....but that coin wanted to be found :thumbsup:
Cheers for that
Oxgirl

Everything is chance in a way isn’t it? Good story :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Marley

Few pictures
Attachments
9E6CDD4E-0FA1-4292-A200-BF4AE3EAD225.jpeg
16820C98-268C-4C8A-8163-323A679A7020.jpeg
D833B172-244E-435E-AA2F-0A23591419A5.jpeg
763CAE80-CCA5-4A3E-908B-8B2370A84E99.jpeg
shaggybfc

You made us wait for that.... lovely coin :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clapping:
Marley

Cheers matey 👍

The stater was a bit of an annoying tale, in short I found it, told a woman......everyone on the planet knew and detected my area where another 26 came up
shaggybfc

Valuable lesson learned there then..... "found anything nice"........"narh, I think they used this area to dump Mr Kiplings pie trays, t'is full of scrap"....... but secretly you have a coin box full of gold :D :D
Marley

I’d have not found anymore anyway to be honest, I proper did the area afterwards but found no more ,
The lads swinging the deeper explorers mopped up the rest .