After over 12 months

wittsy1

Well now, for various reasons I have not been out mine sweeping for over 12 months. Sunday just gone, I thought I'd go for it so on the Saturday Morning I pulled the CTX out of its cubby hole put the battery pack on charge ready for the off the following morning. Sunday morning came, was up and out of bed, showered, shaved and the other stuff you do and got myself kitted out. The charger was showing the battery pack was fully charged so fitted that to the CTX and pressed the on button and waited for the normal tune but nothing, absolutely nothing. Hmm I thought battery pack must be Kaput. Not to worry I'll use the AA battery Pack so loaded it up with new AA batteries pressed the on button again waiting for the little tune but again nothing. And there was me thinking that I was going to conquer the world on my first outing for over 12 months.

Oh well, need to invest in a second machine :Thinking: :Thinking:
Marley

Hmm sounds odd, I’d ring one of the dealers

Hopefully it’s not knackered
Oxgirl

Nooooo, nightmare! :shock: hope you get it fixed or get sorted with another machine. The detecting conditions aren’t too bad right now. :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Mucky

Buy a cheaper one. Those bells and whistles are expensive and unnecessary. :thumbsup:
BuriedByTime&Dust

Have a word with Steve at MSR. It might be possible to bring it back from the dead :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

I'm not familiar with how the battery connects to its connectors inside a CTX, but might be worth looking at the connections inside the machines battery bay to see if they are discoloured or pressed down to far so as not to make a connection
Hope you get it sorted
As mentioned give a few folk a ring who deal with servicing these machines :thumbsup:
wittsy1

Mucky wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:30 pm Buy a cheaper one. Those bells and whistles are expensive and unnecessary. :thumbsup:
Think you might be right Mucky and its been getting heavier as I get older. Been looking at the Makro Multi Kruzer.
Mucky

wittsy1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:13 pm Think you might be right Mucky and its been getting heavier as I get older. Been looking at the Makro Multi Kruzer.
Yes why not, heard some good things about that machine. :thumbsup: