Bronze gilded figure looking ID and age

Oxgirl

Found this great article. Sadly it’s in French but there’s some great info here if you can translate it https://landarc.fr/uploads/cahiers/pdf/ ... arc_11.pdf
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Steve_JT

Reading from my phone in English, I managed to go to the site direct and my phone asked if I wanted it translated,

Works a treat

Cheers for that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Littleboot

Great find and i think it would be great to see it in more detail. I have only found a teeny fragment of a Limoges mount here in France. So still very much on my wish list. Well done Paint!
Early Christs wee very different and were referred to as 'Christ in Majesty'...
The site Cath linked is one of several i visit periodically and i must scuttle around and link a few different ones....I read French (unless it is a parking ticket and they I claim ignorance :lol: )...but clearly these days there are better translation apps available than in the old babelfish days. (I remember some of those howlers....particularly the county of Loir et Cher (named for the two rivers through it) which was literally translated as the county of Dormouse-and-Expensive. :lol:
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."