Late / post medieval pot?

shaggybfc

What do you think of this piece?
Again found in South Warwickshire and agin no idea on age.
It looks like it’s off a substantial pot and has evidence of glaze on the outside.
Thanks
Attachments
5CC5ECCD-B6B9-4CC7-A8C5-BF280D95522D.jpeg
EC31FA05-A243-493B-B01C-DB9D168242EF.jpeg
B822830C-BC7E-4119-A504-113990B2EA4C.jpeg
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Pottery Man

Interesting piece. What do we know?
Photo doesn't tell me it is stoneware, and the way it is abraded, scuffed or ground away suggests porous and therefore earthenware. It has a glaze over a pale slip clay. This glaze is not industrial transparent, but is sophisticated and evenly clear, neatly applied coating. It is smooth and the underlying body clay has a good, even, oxidised, blonde colour.
It has been fired very evenly but interestingly, the clay has not been washed and 'blunged' (turned to slurry and filtered to remove shrapnel) but was thrown from the 'as dug' clay after working it by hand like dough, but to remove air-pockets: 'wedging'. So, a pottery on the small side without a horse-powered blunger. Bricks were not blunged, and similarly they were machine-extruded without much prior clay preparation.
Potters need smoother clay than bricks but tiles use finer material.

Most natural earthenware clays in the ground are natural filters for trapping iron oxide, and so most alluvial clays - those washed down and deposited by rivers - contain grits and sands and biological decayed matter.
Your big shallow bowl sherd was a dairy item or some similar use. It is post-med and probably late C18th to early C20th.
It has a lead-based glaze as most clear glazes on earthenware have been since the year dot. It isn't a health problem now it is a glaze.
My guesswork on the clay will be to suggest you look for a local source of pale earthenware architectural items - chimneys, pipes (in the drains) bricks and floor tiles. The yellow/blonde/cane colour is likely to be mirrored in the unfired clay. Can you suggest a local source of light tan or cream coloured clay? Coventry had some, but it has a lot of red-firing clays, too. Cotswold limestone supported small deposits of yellow and cream tile-kilns.... and a few ancient potteries, but I cannot point you to one in particular.
The pale or white slip is a filtered clay with no grit but possibly also an industrially sourced Devon/Dorset/Cornish ball-clay (very white and clean natural clay that came into regular use after 1700 and increasingly so after transport links were improved with canals and railways)

I suggest you may find a country pottery (and these were many, wherever there was clay & fuel and access to roads & markets) that serviced the needs of Georgian & Victorian England.