F83DB240-E5F3-4B03-B003-B57049526FAB.jpeg
FF640554-6910-485A-9269-DDBF9216D368.jpeg
34D638EA-3FC5-40A6-92D1-A2EBC6BD0B4E.jpeg
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

I'll be quite surprised if that doesn't get the issue rectified. :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Kenleyboy

Easylife wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:11 pm I'll be quite surprised if that doesn't get the issue rectified. :Thinking:
Don't hold your breath ! :D
figgis

Easylife wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:11 pm I'll be quite surprised if that doesn't get the issue rectified. :Thinking:
I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if it does. Not that the letter is anything other than well thought out and concisely summed up - it's more likely that it'll be brushed off.
Marley

Thankfully I’m.not a member of ncmd .
Jamesey1981

Marley wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:38 pm Thankfully I’m.not a member of ncmd .
What difference do you think this makes?
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm a Mortgage Broker, please visit my website for help with your mortgage:
https://denariusmortgages.co.uk/
Littleboot

figgis wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:03 pm I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if it does. Not that the letter is anything other than well thought out and concisely summed up - it's more likely that it'll be brushed off.
In line with much of the governments response , any sensible and well thought out input gets brushed off.
So far, as I understand it, the virus has taken on all the attributes of Artificial Intelligence......It has learned to count up to and beyond 6, it has learned to tell the time, it seems to know if you are buying groceries or 'unnecessary items', and previously was able to tell if people were drinking booze as opposed to alcohol free beverages. It knows if a protest is anti-lockdown as opposed to anti-everything-else. Now it can clearly tell the difference between the highly contagious Metal Detectorist and the total lack of risk presented by a bloke with a shotgun.

This is the problem with micro-managing. It leads to totally illogical inconsistencies and this has been a hallmark of the whole episode.
Here in France I have a form I print off and fill out when i go out. It has several categories of permitted activities and I simply tick the appropriate one and sign and date. Then if the rozzers stop me I simply show it. I can take exercise of any kind within a reasonable distance of my home ......my permissions are within that orbit.....and what that constitutes is neither here nor there as long as I maintain social distancing.
"The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them."
Marley

Jamesey1981 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:12 pm What difference do you think this makes?
I’m an adult and can make my own decisions wether what I do is dangerous to myself or others ,
I certainly do not follow rules set by a tinpot organisation Or any other body who asks stupid questions to stupid people hoping to get an educated response ,
If they told you to wear a pink tutu while detecting so general public can see you and keep a distance, you probably ordered one today .

Not you as in ‘you’... but you get the drift

For me, the only person who says wether I can detect or not is the person who owns the land
Jamesey1981

Marley wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 pm I’m an adult and can make my own decisions wether what I do is dangerous to myself or others ,
I certainly do not follow rules set by a tinpot organisation Or any other body who asks stupid questions to stupid people hoping to get an educated response ,
If they told you to wear a pink tutu while detecting so general public can see you and keep a distance, you probably ordered one today .

For me, the only person who says wether I can detect or not is the person who owns the land
The NCMD haven't made any rules, they are literally trying to get the rules made by the government changed on your behalf, so why the attitude towards the NCMD when all they have done is try to get a daft rule rewritten?

Marley

They just want your money . That’s it

The only reason the government have set these guides is because of pointless tinpot organisations like ncmd asking stupid questions in the first place .
“ erm excuse me , but can we still go metal detecting during this world wide pandemic “
What were they expecting the government to say ! “ yeah sure carry on , I think you should be ok “
Obviously they say no, but by not using the word no
Jamesey1981

Marley wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:39 pm They just want your money . That’s it
And you think that by not giving the NCMD money that means the law doesn't apply to you?

Membership is literally 8 quid a year, I'm sure they're all going to be retiring on luxury yachts with that, use your head, you could spend that on two coffees and it goes on insurance and admin.

Marley

Find out how many members they have, then multiply by £8
It’s a great con
Jamesey1981

Marley wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:51 pm Find out how many members they have, then multiply by £8
It’s a great con
8 quid a year for a government recognised organisation that actually sticks up for detectorists seems like a pretty good deal to me, my BASC membership is ten times that.

Fact is, you just can't see the big picture, and I'm going to mute you now because you've wasted quite enough of my time.

Marley

Phew thanks, I thought you were going to bore me to death :thumbsup:

Look, at the end of the day many like yourself are sheep, I’m not I’m the farmer :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

Marley wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:26 pm I’m an adult and can make my own decisions wether what I do is dangerous to myself or others ,

if your landowner wants to break rules made by the government (not the NCMD) then its up to him
If you want to break the rules made by the government, thats also up to you

But as we said on the post we put up last night, we will not entertain people who openly boast of breaking the rules

None of us agree with the rules as they stand, but thats what we have at the moment.
The reputation of the hobby is at risk anyways, let alone openly boasting of not paying attention to the rules in place.