So how is everyone doing and coping?

alloverover

alloverover wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 am Am doing fine personally, absolutely hunky dory. Bit gutted about beng back to work and not being paid to stay at home but I guess I will be able to use that in my defence when the country is paying back and suffering for the foreseeable . The Mrs is not doing so well as she is an absolute arse but there you go laughing.
Ive got more new permissions than ever before lately, not due to whats going on but just the luck of the draw I think. The landowners are top fellows, one not caring when I go or what I find and the other is over the moon with cartridge ends and .303s ( which i find quite interesting also).
I am working every day on different pieces of land around the country with other people and to be honest, fail to see why I can be working there, then not be able to detect there when I am not working, ,,,,I am using my powers of common sense this time round :thumbsup:

Thanks for asking BA and a pic from my recent visit to you neck of the woods, felt closer to God thjere to be sure :D :D :thumbsup:
Attachments
20201025_170106.jpg
Blackadder43

Were you up on the Tor there Phil?
Lovely views :clapping:
You can see quite a number of features and hills where they used to light the warning/signal beacons back in the day from up there
If you squint you can probably see my house :lol:
Easylife

Steve_JT wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:37 pm It is most important that if anyone is feeling they can't cope, reach out and speak to people, your doctor too, it is surprising the number of people that do have these issues when you are open and shout help.
Maybe not quite along the same lines?
I'm normally quite chilled out and have no worries at all, though I had a wierd experience a couple of months ago.
One morning I woke up feeling very down for some unknown reason, I had nothing bothering me at all yet this low feeling constantly persisted for several weeks. I still did all my usual things hoping it would just go away but I just couldn't shake it off. I started to wonder if it was some type of depression but I had no reason at all to be feeling that way. Now I'm the sort of person who will try to figure things out for myself, the cause and remedy, but I had just no answers for this one. Then a very strange thing happened, I was tired and went to bed one night but suddenly felt extremely uneasy and could not sleep though not thinking about anything. I lay there for quite a while experiencing an unexplainable strong overwhelming sense which I had never felt anything like before. When I woke up the next morning I was back to my normal happy chilled out self and have been ever since. I still don't no what went off there but just glad that it's passed. Any ideas?
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Saffron

Interesting that several have said about being in a rural area and that helping. I suppose that it depends on the rural location!. Where I am is very rural, and way back the village USED to have a great community spirit, but now its all holiday cottages / second homes / weekend retreats so I do not know a quarter of the people that own the houses (note I did not say "live here"). It means you can frequently go for 3-4 days without even saying "Hello" to anybody.

Its bad when you look forward to a cold caller that you know is a scam just so that you can talk to somebody.

Normally I have a resonable social life but that has all come to a total stop. A significant amount of this since the first lockdown in March and still no indication that it will restart until at a guess summer next year, when a combination of warmer summer weather and the vacine should help.

If bored I would drive to local pub or cafe and have a drink or meal and chat to who ever was around but that has also been blocked.

Some of the things I would normally do and were allowed before this recent round of lockdowns are also just over the border in Wales; with the total lack of co-ordination between the 2 governments that means that for 2 weeks they were stopped due to the rules in Wales and now for a further month by the rules in England - I know that currently the police forces on both sides of the border are enforcing the restriction on "staying local" and "no English allowed in".

With all the talk from government, and money being thrown around like its going out of fashion, I have not heard of a single thing to help individuals living alone. I fear for the mental health of many. I fully understand why tragically some are taking the ultimate decision to end their issolation, I am sure that many more will before we come out of this.

Evan
Blackadder43

Saffron wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 pm
Its bad when you look forward to a cold caller that you know is a scam just so that you can talk to somebody.

Evan
I think this encapsulates the circumstances of a lot of folk at the moment, especially folk who do live alone
Which is why little forums like ours are usefull and important i think, at least there are folk here who have a common interest and talking point

A few days ago i was up in the attic getting our christmas stuff down (Yes i have a tree up and decorated already, which believe me took all my family by surprise as i usually give the impression i am a grinch at xmas)
Anyways
When i came down i saw a missed call on my phone
I class this chap as a very good friend, even though i have only ever met him in person the once......but.....we had both kind of lost contact recently
Nothing in particular really, but i suppose apathy played its part on both sides
Anyways i text him back and made arrangements to call the following day
It was a really nice call, and it was as if there had been no gap in our contact, the conversation just flowed
After the call i felt really good and made a pledge to myself to not let the long silence happen again, especially in the present circumstances

I think we all have someone on our phones that we havent spoken too in a while, or even sent a text to in a while
Kenleyboy

Living in a very rural part of Norfolk has most certainly helped , I love the countryside and the nature and urban life does not appeal to me one single bit , I have done enough of that in the past . There are many local people up here that are lonely and find rural life tedious and mundane perhaps because they feel a little shut off especially more so due to the lockdown .
Go into our local market town and its barren with just the odd person here and there , to me that is depressing as it feels as if the life blood has been sucked out of the place as its a bustling busy little place on market day . I expect not to see anyone out in the sticks but to not see people in a small Town feels like a very strange detached atmosphere .
We all cope with what life throws at us in different ways and when my Wife was taken seriously ill a few years ago I was surprised at how well I coped with the sudden life or death scenario facing us . After the initial shock had settled down we were faced with the reality of the what ifs and buts and the reality is you cope because you have no choice but to accept it and deal with it . I was lucky , from somewhere within I managed to find some inner strength and take it on the chin , others sadly cannot or do not and that is the worry .
We are all good now and the past is just what it is , the past but the reality is now and this burden of a lockdown scenario can creep up on some people so I say forget that British reserve and stiff upper lip and reach out and talk and if anyone feels the need I am happy to chat anytime .
We had help and I can assure you its the first of many steps to recovery :thumbsup:
alloverover

Blackadder43 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:38 am Were you up on the Tor there Phil?
Lovely views :clapping:
You can see quite a number of features and hills where they used to light the warning/signal beacons back in the day from up there
If you squint you can probably see my house :lol:
Sorrry Bruce, for some reason my answr wasnt posted ( I may of thought it and thought it would of been displayed on the forum having just been up the Tor :D ), hope your well mate, ive not been posting muc h lately for one reason or another, no reason really :P :P :P