Advice for England from 2 December 2020

TheNCMD

Here is the latest advice on restrictions in England from next Wednesday from the DCMS. The NCMD guidance for this is below...
26D0A073-9B8C-47B1-AFEB-45A7D1D66E15.jpeg
3ACE40C5-F680-4BFA-BEA1-D5C9D69BFF4A.jpeg
Saffron

I do not know about others but I am struggling to read that, even with zooming to 200% . EDIT: By clicking on it the item opens (the same as photos do) in an expanded window and is clearly readable - pleased to say it is positive news.

So I look on the NCMD website, there is no update there. Latest news was 16th November and only related to Scotland :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Evan
Doug

Saffron wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 pm I do not know about others but I am struggling to read that, even with zooming to 200% . EDIT: By clicking on it the item opens (the same as photos do) in an expanded window and is clearly readable - pleased to say it is positive news.

So I look on the NCMD website, there is no update there. Latest news was 16th November and only related to Scotland :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Evan
Evan, you are right it is not on their website but it is on their NCMD Facebook site.
Saffron

Doug wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:01 pm Evan, you are right it is not on their website but it is on their NCMD Facebook site.
A very large percentage of detectorists are of a "certain age" and do not use Facebook, although I do to a limited extent if I want to know what any organisation is doing I, like most others, automatically go to the website not FB. Its not as if updating a website is rocket science. It seems a shame that the information is not easily available to a large percentage of the membership.

Evan
Steve RC

:thumbdown: Oh well at least some can get out again.

I live in a Tier 2 area and all my permissions are just over the border in a Tier 3 area so stuffed again.
Oxgirl

Tier 3 guidance has been updated and yes it is on their website. To be fair it isn’t as quick to update the website so to do it within an hour of the Facebook update is pretty good going :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Steve RC wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 pm :thumbdown: Oh well at least some can get out again.

I live in a Tier 2 area and all my permissions are just over the border in a Tier 3 area so stuffed again.
I read that the tiers are going to be reviewed weekly or bi weekly, i know thats not much consolation really
But, you have to keep it in your mind that the effects of this recent lockdown wont start showing properly in the stats until next week and beyond
Your tier 3 area may get lucky and reduce to tier 2 within a few weeks
I hope so for you... :thumbsup:
Easylife

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:41 pm
I read that the tiers are going to be reviewed weekly or bi weekly.
I thought the next review was the 16th Dec?
It's all tier 3 around here so no worries! :shock: :rollinglaughing:
I just knew this would end in tears! :silent:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

Easylife wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:10 pm I thought the next review was the 16th Dec?
Well, this starts on Dec 2nd, so add 2 weeks and it takes you to the 16th, so it must be kosha :thumbsup:
I said it wasnt ideal, but small silver linings and some of the tier 3's may get reduced once the effects of this lockdown start filtering through the stats
I hope so anyways, so people can get out and get some exercise and detecting done
TerraBritannia

Saffron wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:10 pm A very large percentage of detectorists are of a "certain age" and do not use Facebook, although I do to a limited extent if I want to know what any organisation is doing I, like most others, automatically go to the website not FB. Its not as if updating a website is rocket science. It seems a shame that the information is not easily available to a large percentage of the membership.

Evan
I don't think it's necessarily an age thing, more a matter of choice. I used to be on FB too, but I eventually called it a day.

I agree that the updates should be posted on the NCMD's own website first, surely that's their main web presence and the site that appears when you search the internet?
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
Saffron

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:21 pm Well, this starts on Dec 2nd, so add 2 weeks and it takes you to the 16th, so it must be kosha :thumbsup:
I said it wasnt ideal, but small silver linings and some of the tier 3's may get reduced once the effects of this lockdown start filtering through the stats
I hope so anyways, so people can get out and get some exercise and detecting done
Its been stated that the ENGLISH Tiers will be reviewed every 2 weeks, so the first review is on the 16th. A lot of areas that were in lower Tiers before the lockdown and got moved to Tier 3 are very unhappy and will be fighting hard to get put back down to Tier 2.

Wales is different and earlier this evening it was announced that further lockdown restrictions are being brought in, the general concensus by the "experts" is that the 2 week fire break actually worked, but that there should then only have been a partial relaxation of after rather than the "free for all" caused by removing all the restrictions and that has caused a spike in cases. Who knows what this means for detecting in Wales?.
The Welsh police have also been given powers to fine anybody from England going into Wales for shopping (as all Welsh shops are open unlike in England) for Black Friday or this weekend, and then to send them back to England.

Evan
Saffron

TerraEnglandia wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:54 pm I don't think it's necessarily an age thing, more a matter of choice. I used to be on FB too, but I eventually called it a day.

I agree that the updates should be posted on the NCMD's own website first, surely that's their main web presence and the site that appears when you search the internet?
I know several (of all ages) that have come off Facebook during the last year, due largely to the way its now frequently used as a way of exchanging insults rather than information. Additionally another reason is the frequency with which accounts are hacked (3 of my friends, all IT savey, have been hacked in the last month - in the one case only my firewall prevented a file the hacked account sent from infecting my computer).

I agree that the website should be the first place information is provided, as you say its their main web presence and the first site found by internet searches.

Evan
Easylife

I very much doubt that anyone has been issued a fine for solo detecting on private land with permission during lockdown. Many casual detectorists are not on any forums or FB so no doubt just going by general government guidelines regarding exercise and applying common sense.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
TheFenTiger

I do also wonder how many people regularly go on to the NCMD website. Things like this would be useful to be sent via email to members.

It is disappointing that I live in an area with one of the lowest infection rates yet still lumped in to tier 2.
Dave
jcmaloney

TheFenTiger wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:00 am I do also wonder how many people regularly go on to the NCMD website. Things like this would be useful to be sent via email to members.

It is disappointing that I live in an area with one of the lowest infection rates yet still lumped in to tier 2.
And then those without e-mail complain and want it in writing, by post.

Folk should think themselves fortunate that a bunch of volunteers are doing what they can for a tiny minority hobby that doesn`t even flicker on the Governments radar.

The other representative body have said the sum total of erm.......... nothing.
I`m Marmite me. Opinionated, obstinate and somewhat tenacious.