The latest covid regulation guidance

Bors

Two things on the road I hate the most are . Lycra wearing bike riders who ride three or four abreast making life as difficult as they can for the "pay to drive" motorist to pass , and Mobility scooter drivers who seem to think they can ride on the Highway regardless of having no Tax or insurance and causing a nuisance when they insist on being about a foot and a half from the kerb and your trying to get past them with a stream of on coming traffic blocking your overtaking . What I found out to do to both cyclists and Mobility scooters , is as I get just about to go past them I drop down a gear and put my foot down and that sends a Cloud of Black diesel smoke belching out at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I Lurrrrve doing it , and shout " Ah haaaa ,eat that you ************s ." :lol: :lol:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Kenleyboy

We actually had a mobility scooter driving along the busy A47 , only in Norfolk :lol:
Easylife

A High Court judge has ruled that Sadiq Khan, The Mayor of London “took advantage of the pandemic” to “push through” more cycle lanes and road closures to make the capital car-free.
It makes you wonder who else is using the pandemic as an excuse to make other changes?
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bors

Easylife wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:20 pm A High Court judge has ruled that Sadiq Khan, The Mayor of London “took advantage of the pandemic” to “push through” more cycle lanes and road closures to make the capital car-free.
It makes you wonder who else is using the pandemic as an excuse to make other changes?
I can fully believe it. I`m sick of seeing them around my area. They have paths to use with all dropped kerbs at corners around here yet no !! they still insist on using the Main road. And If you are unfortunate enough to hit one , everyone it seems suddenly sides with the mobility scooter driver because there on a mobility scooter ,regardless if they cause the incident or not . I saw one a week ago it had about 4 spotlights on the front ,and two flags flying from the back . Must have been an aging "mod" who still thinks he`s living in the 60`s .. :lol:
EDIT (Ooops sorry this should have been a reply to Kenleyboy "Paul "s post )

Anyway back to the "latest Covid regulation guidance"
Oxgirl

Bors wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:45 pm What I found out to do to both cyclists and Mobility scooters , is as I get just about to go past them I drop down a gear and put my foot down and that sends a Cloud of Black diesel smoke belching out at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I Lurrrrve doing it , and shout " Ah haaaa ,eat that you ************s ." :lol: :lol:
OMG you made my day with that - love it :rollinglaughing:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Kenleyboy

Coasting along and well within the 10mph limit while gently easing myself over the speed ramps in a country park , I was hit side on by a speeding cyclist who ended up sliding across my bonnet like a swan before ending up on the tarmac . He actually blamed me for "knocking " him over . Lucky for me an elderly gent walking his dog witnessed the entire episode and tore into this fella with such a foul verocity of language it would have made a squaddie blush . :lol:
Bors

Kenleyboy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 am Coasting along and well within the 10mph limit while gently easing myself over the speed ramps in a country park , I was hit side on by a speeding cyclist who ended up sliding across my bonnet like a swan before ending up on the tarmac . He actually blamed me for "knocking " him over . Lucky for me an elderly gent walking his dog witnessed the entire episode and tore into this fella with such a foul verocity of language it would have made a squaddie blush . :lol:
That reminds me of a time when I was entering a roundabout in an Asda car park. As I came up to the roundabout a saw this Cyclist with a young guy riding it about 17 coming haring down to the roundabout from my left just as I was entering it. I thought "well he knows its my right of way so he`s bound to stop". Well he did but only just as I glared at him nearly going over the handlebars with how hard he had to break.
and I heard the cheeky blighter shout at me in a "Foreign" accent. " You supposed to give way to me you ****** " I opened the window and shouted back , " I think you`ll find in this country YOUR supposed to do the give way ,not me ya Turkey . " :evil:
Danté

Bors wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:45 pm Two things on the road I hate the most are . Lycra wearing bike riders who ride three or four abreast making life as difficult as they can for the "pay to drive" motorist to pass , and Mobility scooter drivers who seem to think they can ride on the Highway regardless of having no Tax or insurance and causing a nuisance when they insist on being about a foot and a half from the kerb and your trying to get past them with a stream of on coming traffic blocking your overtaking . What I found out to do to both cyclists and Mobility scooters , is as I get just about to go past them I drop down a gear and put my foot down and that sends a Cloud of Black diesel smoke belching out at them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I Lurrrrve doing it , and shout " Ah haaaa ,eat that you ************s ." :lol: :lol:
I don't feel so guilty now for doing the same myself.. :angel:
Easylife

I was held up behind two lycra clad cyclists riding two abreast nonchalantly hogging the road. But spur of the moment just as I was passing right by their side I couldn't resist giving it large on the horn startling them and then sped off ahead laughing at their shouts and shaking fists in the mirror. :rollinglaughing:
Then I quickly realised that I would shortly be stopping outside my permission. I couldn't be bothered with any likely confrontation so I parked in the field gateway, grabbed my detecting gear and headed behind the field hedge to set up. Just seconds later I could hear their shouty conversation approaching and heard one angrily cyclist ask the other if this was the same vehicle, but he wasn't sure so they passed on by. :lol:

I don't mind cyclists using the road at all but it irritates me when they selfishly and needlessly hold up traffic by riding two or three abreast. I occasionly cycle too so see both sides but there is just no need at all for it! :pulling hair out: :angel: :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
TheFenTiger

If you read the highway code they are within their rights to ride 2 abreast. But I personally believe they should move over if the road is narrow or if there are chances to pass. The road edge is not a nice place to be on a bike so a metre in is sensible but not near the white line. Where my main permission is it is mainly single track and weekends is full of cyclists as the roads are quiet but you can have to crawl at 10-15mph for a couple of miles as the cyclist won't be moved. My landowner hates them. But we digress.
Dave