Second Trip out, Post Lockdown 2.

Dave The Slave

After Mondays weather, then Tuesdays which was so cold did not even go detecting. Have touched on Pink Floyd recently, not sure about their
" Comfortably Numb ", I was definitely uncomfortably fffrozen. :thumbdown:
Those little sun symbols on the weather forecast for Wednesday, looked very inviting, therefore 24 hrs after i had originally planned, the 2nd trip of the week was made.
Straight to an area where i have found a few Romans recently and after 3hrs criss crossing from every direction possible , managed to winkle out another 6, tiddlers.
Only a couple with decent detail.
The other bits, the fine grid stuff seems to be all over the place.
Found a complete 1940`s. Frank Coopers of Oxford (Cath, Emily :thumbsup: ) slanting bottle that is also embossed Coopers Oxford on the bottom. Until i cropped the photo did not realise it said, " Sole Manufacturers of Oxford Marmalade ", also could not see the Coat of Arms.
Bottle is 4" high.
17 items found over a far more pleasant session.
Cheers all. :thumbsup:
Dave.
Blackadder43

Very good Dave, a few more Roman coins, well done :clapping:
I have always found that when you hit a spot with Roman coins in them they seem to be concentrated in an area, unless it was a known Roman place where they are everywhere
I had 1 field many years ago where it was approx 20 acres in size, yet the Roman coins could only be picked out of a small ish 1 acre area in the top left corner of the field, the rest of the field rarely showed any Roman finds or activity

Keep going fella, more to come i sense :thumbsup:
Easylife

Statistically when 1 in 3 targets is a Roman coin that is really not bad going! :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

I'd settle for that, Dave. Your coins come up in slightly better condition than mine, though that's not saying much :lol:
Saki

It's like waiting for a bus.....then 6 come at once.
Great day. Well recovered
Really like that little bottle too :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Nice that the Oxford stuff gets everywhere :D

I found my source of Roman coins on one field were all in a straight line at the top of the field. It ŵas obvious that a footpath ran along the top line about 10 feet into the field. The only Roman artefact I found was part of a trumpet brooch about a 5-10 minute walk on the other side of the field. I hope your coins turn into other Roman finds too. Be nice to get a brooch or buckle or nail cleaner or something :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking