Coin cases.

Saffron

The Lidl coin cases are back in the stores again this Christmas, only £12.99

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/adults-gift ... ase/p38294

Each holds 205 coins. A lot of detectorists use them and they are very popular.

I bought 2 last year, the only problem I have had is that that that currently I am about 400 coins short of filling them. :thumbdown:

Seriously the only downside I have heard a couple of times is that the trays can be slightly loose enabling small coins to slip out if the cases are lifted by the handles, but this is very easily solved by padding with a bit of card. Otherwise all the comments I have heard have been positive.

Evan
Easylife

There's room for an extra tray but I just put a layer of bubble wrap in the base of mine. I've still only about half filled the top tray with hammies and roman, though I also use coin capsules. The coin cases are good value and very practical. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

They are a great solution if you like to have your coins on full display. And they are great value for money :Star:

Be careful if you use them with the coin boxes though as they are hard and can damage your coins. A perfect gun money coin I had was badly chipped in one :cry:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bors

I`ve not been detecting since , ????? well its been that long I can`t remember ,so pointless me buying one . I`ve nowt to put in it. :lol:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
TheFenTiger

Spotted on a one of the main coin collecting facebook groups.
Morning all, please stay clear of these.
These 'Coin Cases' from Aldi/Lidl seem very popular among detectorists and some collectors. Please note - the felt is not acid free and goodness knows what glue and other nasties are used. Please don't use these to house your coins - there is a reason they're cheap.
Dave
Easylife

Bors wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:11 pm I`ve not been detecting since , ????? well its been that long I can`t remember ,so pointless me buying one . I`ve nowt to put in it. :lol:
Aye up Bors, I wondered where you've been hiding. :thumbsup:
Bors

Just had a bit of time out, concentrating on other hobbies a bit more . I`ve given a big chunk of my time to detecting down the years and now my age ,and Covid 19 have dictated my detecting ,so I think other hobbies were due a spell of attention.
I think the thing is with hobbies you unwittingly can get to be doing that many that there isn`t enough hours in a day /week/month , to accommodate them all ,so while one hobby dominates, the others get too little time given to them. So after giving it some thought , I decided to shift my interests over and have a change.
I will probably still not be detecting as much now because little has changed as far as Covid 19 or indeed my age is concerned , as ......"ire ad tempus", so discussing something I`m not doing much of tends to be less to talk about to a degree.I`ll try and participate if I can though. :thumbsup:
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Oxgirl

TheFenTiger wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:24 pm Spotted on a one of the main coin collecting facebook groups.
I have put artefacts straight onto the trays in the one I have and there’s been no problems. Never heard of anyone having an issue with them either but worth a warning I guess :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
figgis

Bors wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:46 am I`ll try and participate if I can though. :thumbsup:
Good to see you again, chap :thumbsup: As well as covid and age, another thing which hasn't changed is your experience, so looking forward to seeing more of that :D

As regards the cases, they seem very popular but I like to make my own displays and will get around to creating one for me coins. One day :D
TheFenTiger

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:25 am I have put artefacts straight onto the trays in the one I have and there’s been no problems. Never heard of anyone having an issue with them either but worth a warning I guess :thumbsup:
You do have to remember coin collectors are a bit fanatical to the extreme when it comes to coins.
Dave
Easylife

TheFenTiger wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:49 pm You do have to remember coin collectors are a bit fanatical to the extreme when it comes to coins.
It can't be any worse than the chemicals etc in the ground. :-o
TheFenTiger

Easylife wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:00 pm It can't be any worse than the chemicals etc in the ground. :-o
Their argument is you should not be doing anything to make their condition worse as it effects the value.
Dave