Decorative brass tube

Bors

Managed to grab an hour last Sunday. As per usual I forgot to check if my headphones were charged up and within ten minutes of detecting they died on me so I had to carry on with just the sound coming from the detector which we all know is awful.
So anyway I found this brass tube with heavy decoration on it. its 72mm long by 25mm wide and tubeular.looks to be about 2mm thick . decoration is continuous and I can`t see any weld in the tube . It has on each end some wear up to approx 20mm both ends as if its been made as a join up to join two lengths of whatever together ? Any theories ?
Attachments
20200718_200141.jpg
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Oxgirl

Could it be to join a handle and the cane shaft of something like a parasol :?:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Not sure what it is myself, but must have given quite the signal
Could it be somesort of trench art?

As a heads up if you click the images on our forum it opens it up into a bigger photo, plus if there is more than 1 photo it allows you to scroll through all the photos in that particular thread :thumbsup:
Bors

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:08 pm Could it be to join a handle and the cane shaft of something like a parasol :?:
I`m thinking along that line of thought . The patterns Is too symetrical to be trench art I`d say (too exact) . I even thought it could be one of those Chinese finger locks you used to get in Christmas crackers donkeys years ago where you stuck a finger in each end and as you pulled your finger away the bleedin thing contracted on your fingers trapping them in each side (anyone remember them ?) , because I stuck my finger in one end and and I got a bit worried when I couldn`t get my finger out. but eventually I did.
Bors

Blackadder43 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:12 pm Not sure what it is myself, but must have given quite the signal
Could it be somesort of trench art?

As a heads up if you click the images on our forum it opens it up into a bigger photo, plus if there is more than 1 photo it allows you to scroll through all the photos in that particular thread :thumbsup:
Yes cracking signal Bruce up in the middle 70`s and all the way around a 360 deg turn so I knew it wasn`t going to be non ferrous junk.
Oxgirl

P.S. glad you are able to go out detecting again :thumbsup: Stay safe!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Ladybird66

Hard to imagine but it would have been quite pretty polished up. The pattern is a bit ‘feminine’ so I’d go with Cath suggestion.
Nice unusual find. :thumbsup: