Do you want a private forum for your metal detecting club to chat

Detecting Hub Team

If anyone belongs to a club and you need a private forum to chat and organise stuff then please get in touch with one of the team here

What we can offer is a totally private forum of your own, just for your clubs members
You can post photos of your finds or just have somewhere secure to chat and organise things.
The only people who can see it or post in it will be the names you submit to us to have permission to see and use it.
You can have your own moderators who will have moderating permissions just for your forum.
None of the Hubs admin team and no regular member will have permission to view your forum, so you are self governing and private.

If this is something you think your club can make use of then please contact one of us and we will set it up for you

Thanks
The Detecting Hubs Team
Easylife

What a great idea, an alternative to private FB groups, I can see several advantages there. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Marley

Great idea :thumbsup:

Quite surprised even the combined brain matter of staff would of thought if this, well done to you :D
Oxgirl

Marley wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:46 am Great idea :thumbsup:

Quite surprised even the combined brain matter of staff would of thought if this, well done to you :D
Cheeky :lol:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
TheFenTiger

To be honest there was one for our club on another forum but it was never used as we use whatsapp
Dave
Mucky

Already in a free thinking private club forum so I don't need one.
Can't stress enough how healthy it is for the mind. It would be no good for instance; Someone joining such a forum if they believe their personal view is better or more valid than anyone elses or approaching such a forum thinking they could educate people.
Wouldn't last five minutes. Usually these are groups of long established friends.
Long may this continue too!
Facebook and the like are the enemy. Wouldn't tell anyone on there anything. :D :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

Think you might be missunderstanding mucky
Its just a private place where people can talk their club stuff and its hosted for free by us, like a base of operations with no adverts and no interference as to what goes on in there. And its private to club members only
Thats all

As an example it would look for instance like our ID forum....but nobody except the people who belong to the metal detecting club can see it or use it
Mucky

I humbly beg your pardons! :oops:
alloverover

TheFenTiger wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:18 am To be honest there was one for our club on another forum but it was never used as we use whatsapp
There was,
and it was very sparsely used, Whatsapp is fae superior for that sort of thing ( IMHO) as its instant :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

alloverover wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 pm There was,
and it was very sparsely used, Whatsapp is fae superior for that sort of thing ( IMHO) as its instant :thumbsup:
Do you find stuff gets mixed up though? I’m really interested cause I’m trying to sort a club out on a better comms solution. They don’t trust a private Facebook group (fair enough!), some members are sceptical of forums (shocking I know!) and email is messy. They need something but don’t know what others use :ugeek:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Searchable archives and fairly instant notifications would be most ideal. I use some other forums that do that by email when a watched thread has been added to. So maybe a case of website vs app? :Thinking:
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 pm They need something but don’t know what others use :ugeek:
Coded messages and change the cipher each week! :lol:
alloverover

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 pm Do you find stuff gets mixed up though? I’m really interested cause I’m trying to sort a club out on a better comms solution. They don’t trust a private Facebook group (fair enough!), some members are sceptical of forums (shocking I know!) and email is messy. They need something but don’t know what others use :ugeek:
I like Whatsapp personally Cath but yes, stuff will get left behind and you will have to scroll through everything to find it ( as far as I know).
it is good for normal communication though, people wont miss any posts as they will se they have an unread message, great for photos and vids as well :thumbsup:
Marley

When you get 30 people posting finds pictures on WhatsApp, it dramatically eats storage space
GeoffBristol

Mucky wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:44 pm I humbly beg your pardons! :oops:
So you should :lol:
Geoff