Has your permission just gone Tier 4 ?

Easylife

muddy mick wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 pm Errr no you couldnt on a private permission
https://www.ncmd.co.uk/ncmd/latest-upda ... -december/
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

muddy mick wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:48 pm Errr no you couldnt on a private permission
You can if you are on your own, just not with anyone else. I have a letter from one of the DCMS Ministers that confirms it too ;)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Emily

I’m moving into a tier 4, but have permission on a small park with a long and varied history that I haven’t searched before, so maybe I’ll pop in there.
Live long and prospect
muddy mick

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 pm You can if you are on your own, just not with anyone else. I have a letter from one of the DCMS Ministers that confirms it too ;)
That makes no sense at all, it says
Quote: General guidance – You can detect alone or with members of your household and support bubble in all tiers (T1, T2 and T3) and on all types of land where you have permission. For detecting with others we are now back to the Rule of Six. This applies both indoors and outdoors in T1, outdoors only in T2, and in T3 only in ‘outdoor public spaces’. There are presently no limits on the time that can be spent on outdoor recreation.

It then goes on to say

In T3 only digs in ‘public outdoor spaces’, such as beaches and parks (with permission), are allowed.

I dont see where it says you can detect on your own permission anywhere :? :?
Oxgirl

muddy mick wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 pm

That makes no sense at all, it says
Quote: General guidance – You can detect alone or with members of your household and support bubble in all tiers (T1, T2 and T3) and on all types of land where you have permission. For detecting with others we are now back to the Rule of Six. This applies both indoors and outdoors in T1, outdoors only in T2, and in T3 only in ‘outdoor public spaces’. There are presently no limits on the time that can be spent on outdoor recreation.

It then goes on to say

In T3 only digs in ‘public outdoor spaces’, such as beaches and parks (with permission), are allowed.

I dont see where it says you can detect on your own permission anywhere :? :?
Ok
You can detect alone or with members of your household and support bubble in all tiers (T1, T2 and T3) and on all types of land where you have permission.
The bits about ‘public outdoor places’ relates to detecting with others only - either informally (with friends) or organised by a club.

It is ONLY in T4 where detecting on private land is prohibited in all circumstances. See the specific Gov guidance for more info https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance-on ... sV9S2OhvEA
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:59 pm
It is ONLY in T4 where detecting on private land is prohibited in all circumstances. See the specific Gov guidance for more info https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance-on ... sV9S2OhvEA
But Gov states: "You cannot detect on private land, even if you have permission from the owner, unless it is part of the place where you are living (as defined in the regulations)."
So does anyone know how that is 'defined in the regulations'?
So is detecting in your private land garden okay or not? :Thinking:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Kenleyboy

Easylife wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:58 pm But Gov states: "You cannot detect on private land, even if you have permission from the owner, unless it is part of the place where you are living (as defined in the regulations)."
So does anyone know how that is 'defined in the regulations'?
So is detecting in your private land garden okay or not? :Thinking:
I cant see an issue with anyone detecting in their own garden even if you were lucky enough to own a few acres of land , that would be barmy wouldnt it ?
muddy mick

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Ok The bits about ‘public outdoor places’ relates to detecting with others only - either informally (with friends) or organised by a club.

test i put test as tried quoting 3 times to no avail, guessing there must be a quote limit :? right then as i see it i can go detecting on my own permission tomorrow, but in theory so can my two other detecting friends who live 20 miles away [same household] who also have permission from the landowner, I laugh as do we have to detect in different fields just in case the plod drop by and start asking questions, err sorry Officer i dont know them, then there is another 3 detectorists not friends i also know who have permission, bugger if we all turn up on the same day :shh:
Blackadder43

No quote limit that i'm aware of fella...let me know if it happens to you again and i'll see if i can find anything :thumbsup:
muddy mick

Blackadder43 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:49 am No quote limit that i'm aware of fella...let me know if it happens to you again and i'll see if i can find anything :thumbsup:
That was my 4th attempt at replying losing my other posts after pressing submit, so deleted some of the quotes this time before posting and all went fine, strange goings on :cry: :lol:
DaveP

Oxgirl wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:16 pm
You can if you are on your own, just not with anyone else. I have a letter from one of the DCMS Ministers that confirms it too ;)
Shouldn't that letter have been made available to ALL detectorists. If it was, where? If it wasn't, why not?