Anyone else out detecting on Christmas day?

Easylife

Just 1c here this morning but bright and no wind. So I thought I'd finish off the last 20m of this paddock before going for dinner and starting on the booze. Frozen puddles and frosty grass but wrapped up warm and broke out the ski gloves. The mud was drier and I had a nice time even though nothing great showed. :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

After managing to get out me nest at around 10.30, drank a few teas, and then the phone didnt stop ringing till 2pm....
Ate our food and now i feel like a weeble waddling around me house :oops:
So no detecting for me today :thumbdown:

Glad you braved it though fella, at least you got some exercise today...more than i have managed :lol:
Bors

I got up at 7.30am ,I then started preparing the Christmas dinner at 8am,and was still at it by 11.45 with this that , n the other to do including cooking it . (Its a tradition in this house that the Christmas Dinner is done by me and me alone )We had Christmas dinner at 12. Everyone left a clean plate so I must have done it right as on occasion I have had cock ups happen, and after that it was put my feet up and watch the Box for an hour or so. By that time ,detecting wasn`t even in the frame so I just had an easy day at home. :D
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Oxgirl

Thought about it. Made a few murmurs about how it’s my last opportunity before our area moves to Tier 4 tomorrow and I felt a cold chill. If looks could freeze then even hell would have the fire out right now :shock:

So I shuffled off, put the wood burner on to unfreeze the house and opened a bottle of champagne and started on the bucks fizz instead.

So in short, the answer from this house is ‘no’!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:45 pm So I shuffled off, put the wood burner on to unfreeze the house and opened a bottle of champagne and started on the bucks fizz instead.
Wood burners are great, glad you had a proper breakfast! :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

Thought about it.

Looked at the memsahib's face.

Decided that a tactical withdrawal would be wise.

So much said, without a word being spoken :lol:
Saki

Its hilarious how our detecting widow's/widower' make the decision for us.
Needless to say, without a word or a hint of me going detecting, when I opened my gift of an evolution t-shirt, there was a resounding "that's as close as you will get to a detector today" :lol: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Dave The Slave

Never even went online yesterday.
As Bruce posted, washed up and dried up out of neccessity, virtually every utensil, cutlery, glass in the house.
Now bundling up the wrapping paper to dump in various Council bins. Too much stuff.
Just as well not detecting Monday, heavy snow for the morning would have meant a no go anyway.
Good Luck everyone, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Steve RC

Seems there is no chance being in Tier 4 of getting out. I have been out twice since March so pretty brassed off with the whole situation.
joemole

Steve RC wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:46 pm Seems there is no chance being in Tier 4 of getting out. I have been out twice since March so pretty brassed off with the whole situation.
That sucks . I think we'll all be in tears before long . Hope ya allowed out soon .