I’ve done something naughty

Wardie1994
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:58 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 225 times

So after having it nearly a year here’s my conclusion… the dues is brilliant machine and it does love the silver I’ve had some great roman silvers and 80+ hammereds of it yet to find the gold , it’s light and easy swinging and easy to use I haven’t had the equinox out at all, I would say the depth on it is average but not nobody wants to be digging massive deep holes

Only downside I’ve noticed it loves coke much more than what my equinox did

Good news is I’m getting the deus 11 when released because they’ve smashed the coke digging on it so onwards and upwards for 2022 👍 happy hunting folks
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

Wardie1994 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:33 pm So after having it nearly a year here’s my conclusion… the dues is brilliant machine and it does love the silver I’ve had some great roman silvers and 80+ hammereds of it yet to find the gold , it’s light and easy swinging and easy to use I haven’t had the equinox out at all, I would say the depth on it is average but not nobody wants to be digging massive deep holes

Only downside I’ve noticed it loves coke much more than what my equinox did

Good news is I’m getting the deus 11 when released because they’ve smashed the coke digging on it so onwards and upwards for 2022 👍 happy hunting folks
Blimey that’s some good going on the hammys!
Out of interest what sort of settings /coil have you been using? I bought the lite version back in June with the 11 inch coil and have been using it in hot with reactivity 2.5 and upping the sensitivity mostly. Sometimes I’ve been playing around with frequency but mostly in 17khz. Been enjoying using it ,as you say it’s light and easy to swing. Luckily very little in the way of coke on my permissions.
Wardie1994
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:58 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 225 times

mattjb wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:46 pm Blimey that’s some good going on the hammys!
Out of interest what sort of settings /coil have you been using? I bought the lite version back in June with the 11 inch coil and have been using it in hot with reactivity 2.5 and upping the sensitivity mostly. Sometimes I’ve been playing around with frequency but mostly in 17khz. Been enjoying using it ,as you say it’s light and easy to swing. Luckily very little in the way of coke on my permissions.
Standard 11 inch coil
Disc:3.2
Sens 92
Freq 11.4
Iron 02
Reac 02
Personalised programme I run
User avatar
BuriedByTime&Dust
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 669 times

mattjb wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:46 pm Blimey that’s some good going on the hammys!
Out of interest what sort of settings /coil have you been using? I bought the lite version back in June with the 11 inch coil and have been using it in hot with reactivity 2.5 and upping the sensitivity mostly. Sometimes I’ve been playing around with frequency but mostly in 17khz. Been enjoying using it ,as you say it’s light and easy to swing. Luckily very little in the way of coke on my permissions.
Nothing wrong with those settings :thumbsup: It's what I use most of the time, but with audio response upped to 5.
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

Wardie1994 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:02 pm Standard 11 inch coil
Disc:3.2
Sens 92
Freq 11.4
Iron 02
Reac 02
Personalised programme I run
Thanks , I’ve already gridded the last stubble field on one permission but picked up some more finds on Sunday using 25khz. I was wondering about trying a lower frequency next time but wondered if it would be effective for hammys. Obviously it will be going by your results! ( not that I’ve found any on this particular field surprisingly).
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:03 pm Nothing wrong with those settings :thumbsup: It's what I use most of the time, but with audio response upped to 5.
Cheers matey, I will give upping the audio response a go when I’m next allowed out to play :thumbsup:
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

Do any of you deus users ground balance or leave it in the preset gb settings? I’ve read you can ground balance the lite by going into goldfield setting , getting the gb there and then put it into whatever programme you are using. Some people add 5 to the gb number if I remember correctly.
The field in question is stoney with a fair bit of iron and probably mineralisation as well and I’ve been wondering how I can squeeze a bit more in the way of finds out of it before it’s ploughed and drilled and out of bounds .
User avatar
BuriedByTime&Dust
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Has thanked: 557 times
Been thanked: 669 times

mattjb wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:23 pmDo any of you deus users ground balance or leave it in the preset gb settings?
I'm not sure what you can adjust on the Lite, but it's worth playing around with manual GB if you're looking for maximum depth. You'll know when you've overcooked it because it will false with every contact with the ground (percussive falsing). On most sites, dropping to 86 or so can gain a fraction more depth without making things too sparky though.
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

BuriedByTime&Dust wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:05 pm I'm not sure what you can adjust on the Lite, but it's worth playing around with manual GB if you're looking for maximum depth. You'll know when you've overcooked it because it will false with every contact with the ground (percussive falsing). On most sites, dropping to 86 or so can gain a fraction more depth without making things too sparky though.
Thanks , Looks like there’s a few things I can do to maybe squeeze it but more out of it. I’ll try ground balancing before I adjust anything else next time out or as you say manually lowering it and giving it a go.The stubble is also much softer now since I did a lot of that field so that will help with getting the coil nearer the deck .
Wardie1994
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:58 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 225 times

I run my ground balance at 89or 82 if I remember correctly but I’ll double check later and let you know
mattjb
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 1533 times

Wardie1994 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:16 pm I run my ground balance at 89or 82 if I remember correctly but I’ll double check later and let you know
Thanks :thumbsup:
User avatar
figgis
Posts: 6981
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:21 pm
Location: Norfolk (just)
Has thanked: 4043 times
Been thanked: 4727 times

What is this ground balance you speak of and where does it live? :lol:

(As you can gather, I've never touched the GB setting as the presets work fine on my land.)
Post Reply