Detecting for veterans 2021

lazerbman

Please can anyone give me the details for the detecting for veterans 2021 rally. thanks
Oxgirl

Hi

Theyare on a closedFacebook group so you can’t access details unless you join. They have a new website with contact details that can be found here which might be the quickest option. Tickets are on sale and it’s for Sept 2021 that’s all I can see.

Hope we’re allowed out by then :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Dave The Slave

Not something i have come across but if you search, Veterans Metal Detecting Rally 2021, they have a Facebook page about events etc.
Hope this is of help, although i can`t see any rallies taking place for at least 6 months.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
the-roman

Admin, delete if not allowed :thumbsup:

You will need to join their facebook group if you want to attend but here are some details...
Detecting For Veterans CIC Summer Rally 9th -12th September 2021.
This is a full 3 days detecting on 800 Acres of very historical land once belonging to a Knights Templar.
The land is undetected and it will be a mixture of stubble and disc land.
Trade Stands will be on site, Crawford's, NCMD, Treasure Hunting Magazine, Coin Dealers and other stands will be inattendance .
Catering: There will be Two food vans on site and with a Hog-Roast for the Thursday evening.
No BBQ's allowed on this site
Tickets are £65 each, that includes camping.
Under 16s Detecting are £30 and non- detectorists are £10 each.
Each paying ticket will get a Free ticket entry to Win one Metal Detecting Machines on the Thursday night.
There are no Day-tickets available due to the location.
Saffron

the-roman wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:39 pm Admin, delete if not allowed :thumbsup:

You will need to join their facebook group if you want to attend but here are some details...
Detecting For Veterans CIC Summer Rally 9th -12th September 2021.
This is a full 3 days detecting on 800 Acres of very historical land once belonging to a Knights Templar.
The land is undetected and it will be a mixture of stubble and disc land.
Trade Stands will be on site, Crawford's, NCMD, Treasure Hunting Magazine, Coin Dealers and other stands will be inattendance .
Catering: There will be Two food vans on site and with a Hog-Roast for the Thursday evening.
No BBQ's allowed on this site
Tickets are £65 each, that includes camping.
Under 16s Detecting are £30 and non- detectorists are £10 each.
Each paying ticket will get a Free ticket entry to Win one Metal Detecting Machines on the Thursday night.
There are no Day-tickets available due to the location.
IF we are allowed out by September £65 for 3 days detecting and camping sounds fair to me especially as its for a good cause rather than somebodies pocket.

Are you able to say the VERY general area where it is?, (eg Midlands, South West, South East, Wales, North, Scotland).

Evan
Steve RC

I would want to check where the money goes first. They might say it is for a good cause ,but this is run on a commercial basis with the organisers wages and expenses to pay out first before any money goes to the Charity ? it supports.
the-roman

It's Lincolnshire way and a great cause as money goes towards our British Veterans. I was on their rally last year, different area, was good with some nice finds, but the only trouble was the dreaded green waste. bloody awful stuff. I'm waiting to see what their verdict is of the new land as I really don't want to be in amongst the green waste again all weekend. :thumbsup:
Saffron

the-roman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:48 pm It's Lincolnshire way and a great cause as money goes towards our British Veterans. I was on their rally last year, different area, was good with some nice finds, but the only trouble was the dreaded green waste. bloody awful stuff. I'm waiting to see what their verdict is of the new land as I really don't want to be in amongst the green waste again all weekend. :thumbsup:
Many thanks for that information.

Ballpark 3 hr drive - could be a lot worse.

But possible green waste :pulling hair out: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :sick: :sick:

Evan
Bors

I think its outrageous that anyone could put a rally on a site that contains green-waste. :shock: Sites containing high mineralisation`s bad enough to contend with,but to provide a site with green waste in it ,is taking the Micky and I know I`d be asking for a refund if I went to a Rally and it had green waste in the soil. That in my view would suggest collecting the Money in regardless that green waste is present in the soil, , is being prioritised over concern for the detectorists who have to struggle to detect amongst it.Surely It would be far more decent thing to do if any Rally organiser/s informed the detectorists prior to paying , that Green waste would be something that they would or possibly encounter if they decided to attend,then they would have a choice to attend or not to attend the onus would be on them then with that knowledge. .But to say nothing to detectorists then they find out after probably travelling a hundred or so miles o a rally is deceitful and dishonest by the organisers, and claiming ignorance should not be an excuse to refund anyone who asked for their money back. Fairs fair surely ?
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
jake73

Thank you for your concern, the recce for the rally was carried out 2 weeks before the event and no green waste was found. When we raised it with the landowner on the evening of the event he had no clue it was on his land and now in the process of suing the supplier of the cow muck. Kind regards Jason Massey CEO Detecting For Veterans CIC
jake73

Steve RC wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:11 am I would want to check where the money goes first. They might say it is for a good cause ,but this is run on a commercial basis with the organisers wages and expenses to pay out first before any money goes to the Charity ? it supports.
Thank you for your concern in this matter, in the last 3 years we have raised over £14,000 for the 2 Armed forces charities we support The Veterans Charity and Talking2minds. Now we are a CIC Organisation we can invest back to the community we support which are Armed forces veterans. This year with hardly any funds coming in we have supplied Full Metal detecting equipment to the value of £800 each to 8 veterans. And we are not commercial we get people involved in our digs who want to give something back to the Armed forces community. If you get the next issue of The Tressure hunting magazine I have written a 7 page Article on Metal detecting and mental health and ptsd. Kind regards Jason Massey CEO Detecting For Veterans CIC
Steve RC

Thanks for the clarification.

I understand that under the terms of a Community Interest Company you as CEO will be able to claim a market rate salary. Is that the case or do you waive that and put the money back into the community.?
Steve RC

I take the lack of a response as being a NO.
Easylife

Steve RC wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:15 pm I take the lack of a response as being a NO.
To be fair he's not logged on since 24th March so not even seen your question.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Sadly it appears Jason Massey has suffered a stroke and is in hospital. Beet wishes for his speedy recovery.

Sadly it does appear the event has been postponed until a later date. Check out their Facebook page for the last info though in case there are any further developments :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking