Uploading images

figgis

This is a simple process and if you follow the guidelines below you'll be sharing your images in no time.

The easiest way is to "drag and drop" the image into the text box. Open another window on your screen, select the image you want, and drag it into the text box. Job done. The alternative method is almost as straightforward...

When you start a new post or topic, you will find the "Attachments" tab beneath where you type the text:
attachments tab.jpg
When you've selected "Attachments" the "Add File option will appear:
add files tab.jpg
This will bring up a separate dialogue box showing where you can find images on your computer/device. Select the one you want and it's added to your post. This is what mine looks like - yours might be different:
dialogue box.jpg
That's it! You're done, and just repeat the process for any extra images you want to add :thumbsup:

TIP:
To make sure your image has uploaded properly and see how your post looks, hit the "Preview" button before submitting.

All images are automatically placed at the bottom of a post but if you'd like to position yours elsewhere, then use the "Place Inline" tab:
uploaded.png
This will cause your image to be placed anywhere that your cursor is within the text box.

That should help get you started but if you experience any problems, just shout. :thumbsup:
figgis

Here's another tip:

While some images will have to be taller than they are wide, if they are large images the forum software will flip them to landscape when clicked on so they fit the page. So, if possible, crop as much of the top and bottom of the image as you can. If the image ends up wider than it is high it will reproduce with the correct orientation when clicked on :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Bumping for our new members :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bronze age Dave

Very helpful 👌