Hello from Nottinghamshire

The-Anorak

Hi, thanks for letting me join up. I do occasionally detect when it is permitted but a lot of my time is taken up visiting Roman sites in Britain or attributing Imperial Roman Coinage for finders and collectors, both individual coins and hoards. I also run a couple of Facebook pages which are specific to my interest in Britannia ( Rate My Roman Artefact and Rate My Roman Imperial Coin ) I'm no expert in either field, just a guy with a lot of books :D
Every day is a school day, so I look forward to reading your posts and resource material.

The Anorak :thumbsup:
figgis

What ho, and welcome to the forum.

From your intro, I think I know you from elsewhere and can only say I'm delighted to see you here and am in total awe of your ID skills which are rightly renowned and revered.

You'll find us a relaxed bunch who freely exchange knowledge and ideas and I hope you enjoy the place.
Easylife

Welcome. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
The-Anorak

Thank you all very much 🙂👍
Oxgirl

You like roman coinage then :D I’m a philistine and don’t get the attraction at all but it’s always good to get another person with a passion for IDing these very annoying coins of a million types 8-)

A very warm welcome and please don’t worry about joining in. You can’t really go wrong, we don’t have any real rules and love a new perspective in the world 8-)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Blackadder43

Great name sir..... :thumbsup:
My other half mentioned there may be another coat hook needed to be hung in the foyer :lol: (She is susan on faceache)
Welcome in and hopefully as soon as people can get out again we can set you some ID work :thumbsup:

Anyone who has any Roman items lurking in their boxes that havent had an ID then feel free to post them up :thumbsup:
shaggybfc

Welcome aboard fella, they’ll be plenty of Roman grots to ID :thumbsup:
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
figgis

Blackadder43 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm Anyone who has any Roman items lurking in their boxes that havent had an ID then feel free to post them up :thumbsup:
I have an embarrassing quantity sat staring accusingly at me. You know, the sort that "I'll get to grips with later" but somehow Netflix unaccountably takes precedence over. :oops:

I'll start tomorrow. Honest. No, I mean I really will. Strike me down if I divvent. Ozark can wait.

Well, maybe one or two episodes...
The-Anorak

Again, thank you both very much 🙂 I see there's room on my peg for my smoking jacket and fez. Looking forward to settling in 🙂👍
Dave The Slave

Welcome, Roman coinage expert, superb !
Apart from a couple of Denaari, which i was able to self Id due to their condition, Roman coins tended to be what we nickname as Grots, although i did fiund some much better examples in the late Autumn.
Great to have you on board, although it`s starting to look like after the Harvest now :thumbdown: , before and if i do find any other Roman coinage. Roman is my period of interest.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Reiver

Good day to you sir, welcome. :thumbsup:
The-Anorak

Things are pretty quiet at the moment for everyone. I've checked my box of 800+ grots time and again. Its been a long time since I've used a forum in this format. How do I 'like' a comment or 'thank' someone ?
Blackadder43

The-Anorak wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:51 pm Things are pretty quiet at the moment for everyone. I've checked my box of 800+ grots time and again. Its been a long time since I've used a forum in this format. How do I 'like' a comment or 'thank' someone ?
If you click on the screenshot below you will see the 'thumbs up' icon...click that to thank someone for their post
:thumbsup:
Thumbs up2.jpg