What's your FLO up to?

Oxgirl

Pete E wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:14 pm Maybe he should give other FLO's lessons in best practice?
Some, most definitely :thumbsup:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Hordfindend

I've heard rumours about these...FLOs.
Mythical beasts with three heads and wings, so they say ...
Steve_JT

My FLO Sophie is so good with replies to emails, had a meeting with her yesterday and had a catch up with info
Some good volunteers too that do some recording of finds

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
figgis

What's my FLO up to? Her neck in finds, usually :lol:

Top drawer communications with almost instant replies and I really can't fault the relationship I've had with Suffolk in all the while I've been detecting :thumbsup:
Dave The Slave

Dropped finds off at Winchester on Wednesday and met Jenny Durrant the newish FLO.
Very informative, even had my disclaimed hoard of 34 Roman 4C on the table ready, which had been through the Treasure process.
Looking forward to the descriptions on the recordings.
Although limited to 10 items each, will be taking more back for recording once the initial ones from Wednesday are ready.
Well done Simon Maslin, will be contacting him regarding a couple of the Militia buttons, that appear to be not recorded anywhere.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Metalurgy

The less said,the better about the current incumbent,the previous incumbent was much more agreeable.
Nuff said.
SAyling88

I need to go to Winchester and have a couple of finds looked at and recorded by either Jenny or Simon. Trouble is it's a bit of a trek for me ill have to make a day of it and look around the Cathedral (oh no how terrible :) ).
Steve RC

Mine is still in hiding after Covid and not answering emails so may not still be in post.
Easylife

"What's your FLO up to?"

Ask me next week when the hidden surveillance cameras become active! :D :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Oxgirl

Steve RC wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:43 pm Mine is still in hiding and not answering emails so may not still be in post.
Complain :thumbsup: Michael Lewis’s contact details are on the PAS site. I’m being serious, he thinks things are all rosey in the garden for all areas and needs to know when they aren’t. I raised a problem in one area (not mine, it’s a long story) and he had it sorted in a few days. If you say nothing then nothing changes.

That goes for anyone having an issue. We pay for PAS as taxpayers so don’t quietly accept shoddy service and complaints that detectorists are selfish beasts who don’t care about history and recording. If you don’t want to record then that’s OK but don’t think it’s OK to just put up with a situation where you can’t record because of lack of resource or a poor attitude from an individual.
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Saffron

Mine, Kurt Adams, covers Avon and Gloucesterhsire, he was the FLO that recovered the roman hoard that was shown on Great British History Hunters earlier this week.

I have found him very good responding to e-mails. Although based right down in Bristol he frequently comes up to our monthly club meetings at Cheltenham (about 45 miles each way), and disusses our finds and has also given some talks himself. At the meetings he will happily take items away for recording and return them the next time he comes.

He also comes up to Gloucester (shire hall), but can not remember if once a week or once a fortnight, and we can book an appointment there if we want.

So I am happy with the service that I get.

For anybody that has issues with thier FLO remember that you can use any, you do not have to use your local one. In my case I am very close to the Worcester border so visiting the Worcester FLO would be a lot easier than going to Bristol (and about the same as Gloucester) and Kurt has actually said to do that if it would be easier for me.

Evan
Steve RC

Oxgirl wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:35 pm Complain :thumbsup: Michael Lewis’s contact details are on the PAS site. I’m being serious, he thinks things are all rosey in the garden for all areas and needs to know when they aren’t. I raised a problem in one area (not mine, it’s a long story) and he had it sorted in a few days. If you say nothing then nothing changes.

That goes for anyone having an issue. We pay for PAS as taxpayers so don’t quietly accept shoddy service and complaints that detectorists are selfish beasts who don’t care about history and recording. If you don’t want to record then that’s OK but don’t think it’s OK to just put up with a situation where you can’t record because of lack of resource or a poor attitude from an individual.
This has been an ongoing situation for some time and yes i have had to run it up to the Central Unit a number of times to get a response. At the moment it is not an issue as all the finds that were to be recorded have been passed back to the landowners. The chance was given to record them ,but no interest shown and since that time i have not found anything recordable on the odd time i have been out.

I am not one for doing nothing except when its the NCMD and i know i am going to get totally ignored. Still awaiting a response to an enquiry from December 2021 with follow up reminders, but that one is for another day.
Sonoffreyr

Had a club meeting last week with arrangement to meet ours but didn't show as unwell.
Hoping to meet sometime. Previous FLO came regularly to meetings and also did annual talk about the finds for the year of note or specific PAS topics covering our area.
Metalurgy

Let’s have another go.
My previous FLO was Lucy Shipley who was very helpful and courteous,however,things changed with the new incumbent and I now no longer record.
Is this ok?
Easylife

Metalurgy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:00 pm Let’s have another go.
My previous FLO was Lucy Shipley who was very helpful and courteous, however, things changed with the new incumbent and I now no longer record.
Is this ok?
Well it is a voluntary scheme so your choice if it is not working for you. Maybe it will get fixed and be more encouraging one day? :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.