Some pre-lockdown finds (at last)

Roughwood

Good evening all.
I've been rather busy of late, and also had some problems with my photographic accoutrement which has caused some vexation, to put it mildly.
However, here are a few bits found pre-lockdown.
One of them I can identify as half of a nutcracker. Looks pretty old to me - but I wonder if anyone can hazard a punt as to what era?

As for the other two - oneis (I think) part of a finger ring, and the other appears to be the tip of a knife, or maybe an arrow head?
Any suggestiions welcomed.
The field where I found these has previously yeilded medieval and Roman goodies.
I have a few other bits to post, so hopefully soon.

I had a chat with my farmer today, and he's quite happy with me venturing out onto the (currently) icy tundra when the weather improves, so I'm hoping for some new things soon!
Keep well comrades. :thumbsup:
Attachments
pic9.jpg
pic8.jpg
pic7.jpg
pic6.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic1.jpg
Blackadder43

The workings on your nutcracker piece (i'm always amazed at how these items find themselves in a field...unless of course you are close to a small deserted medieval (post medieval) village) , but the workings do look crude and old too....
hazard a guess at 16th/17th century
But as you all know i am not to be trusted with ID's and dating, so i'll await a grown up to come along :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can get yourself out in the fields as soon as the big thaw comes...
Cheers for percy vering with your photography :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Nice finds. BA is pretty spot on dating the nutcracker. PAS have a similar pair dated 1600-1800 here

No idea on the ring date. The arrowhead tip looks roman to me but I’m really just guessing :lol:

Great site you have there :Star:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Maybe a finger ring or not? Is it just me who is seeing '94' on the 'arrow head'? :)
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Roughwood

Thanks for the comments. :thumbsup:
Yes, it is only a smallish site, but does turn up some interesting finds!

Regarding the nutcracker part - I wonder whether maybe opportunis nut-fanciers carried them with them when out and about?
I'm going to re-examine the (possible) arrow head and see if I can see 94 on it. I think it's just a crusty bit, but will get back to you on that...

:thumbsup: