Why am I disappointed?

Oxgirl

Dave The Slave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm Unless travel restrictions get lifted, detecting inland could be out until post Harvest.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
That’s a shame :thumbdown: I have a lot of land to play on now within walking distance but even more outside the ‘allowed’ travel limit which is killing me. I’ll be moaning about the cows, crops and dry ground soon so I’m trying to make hay whilst the rain holds off and the sun don’t shine 8-)
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bors

Dave The Slave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:49 pm Cath, nothing wrong with your haul.
I have never found a Silver Shilling or 2 buckles that are complete , let alone as ornate as those.
Even the smooth Silver coin would be something.
Unless travel restrictions get lifted, detecting inland could be out until post Harvest.
Dave.
Wow I am really shocked to hear that !! :o
I can remember back in the 70`s after decimalisation had arrived ,going detecting and I kid you not, It was nothing unusual to return home with both trouser pockets full of pre decimal Copper and Silver coins. I used to find that much of the pre decimal pre47 & Pre 20 Silver coins in those days I used to wait till I had about £25 worth of Silver coins ,and I`d cash it in at my local Jewelry shop because they bought any Pre decimal Silver you had .Even really grotty Viccy or Georgian Silver went in the pot .
Half - Crowns , Florins, Shillings ,sixpences, 4penny groats , Anything you had. And there was lots of it over time getting weighed in . So you can appreciate how shocked I am to hear you`ve never found a Silver pre-decimal shilling.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Dave The Slave

Bors wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:08 pm Wow I am really shocked to hear that !! :o
I can remember back in the 70`s after decimalisation had arrived ,going detecting and I kid you not, It was nothing unusual to return home with both trouser pockets full of pre decimal Copper and Silver coins. I used to find that much of the pre decimal pre47 & Pre 20 Silver coins in those days I used to wait till I had about £25 worth of Silver coins ,and I`d cash it in at my local Jewelry shop because they bought any Pre decimal Silver you had .Even really grotty Viccy or Georgian Silver went in the pot .
Half - Crowns , Florins, Shillings ,sixpences, 4penny groats , Anything you had. And there was lots of it over time getting weighed in . So you can appreciate how shocked I am to hear you`ve never found a Silver pre-decimal shilling.
Hi Bors,
Never detected on pasture.
Inland Silver, 2 Denarii, Lizzie 3d, 169? French coin. Beach Viccy 3d.
Total Silver.
Dave.
Oxgirl

Dave The Slave wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:18 pm Hi Bors,
Never detected on pasture.
Inland Silver, 2 Denarii, Lizzie 3d, 169? French coin. Beach Viccy 3d.
Total Silver.
Dave.
No pasture? :shock: oh you need to widen your permission portfolio. I love pasture now, easily my favourite :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Bors

I had a Minelab Sovereign in the early 80`s (I think) anyway it was really good on Pasture for deep seeking and great on the beach with a big coil.Its only flaw was the weight of it. You had to bungee it because unless you had arms like Popeye, it used to give you a tired arm and carrying it in any heat was murder after an hour especially if you had the big Coil on. But It was that good a detector on depth I had another three consecutive models further down the line of it after the first. I think it was XS2 Pro, XS2 A and the Elite which wasn`t quite as up to scratch as the XS2 `s.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen