1935 Jubilee commemorative coin

Emily

Good afternoon all. ☺️

So I ventured out again after last weeks fiasco, and decided to stick to a meadow that runs directly along a river and regularly floods. It’s in a gorgeous spot and unless the owner comes to see me, I’m not usually disturbed by or seen by anyone.

A little frustrating as the meadow has been used for a location for bonfires and fireworks displays, so the soil is a little contaminated here and there, but there’s still enough to be getting along with.

I was a little frustrated as while I was detecting, the adjacent field (which I also have a permission on) was being detected by someone else. 😢 have any of you also experienced the pangs of realisation that someone else also has permission on land that you thought was exclusive??

Anyway, other than a 303. Bullet and a plain button, I found another gun - a toy that’s in no shape to do anything but rust.

I also came across this lovely commemorative medal/coin of the silver jubilee for King George V and Queen Mary. Unfortunately it’s not solid silver, but it’s still lovely. Maybe I’ll get my local jewellers to see it they can spruce it up a little. ☺️

I hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend.
Attachments
95428F05-026B-4F32-BD9C-49D0B764AAE6.jpeg
50291C44-F04E-4AFE-8DC5-B5B525CAC7C7.jpeg
A21CD391-A938-4488-899F-DCB11D36EEE1.jpeg
Live long and prospect
Easylife

The toy gun is made of zinc/alloy hence the white corrosion. But the commemorative medallion is the best condition I've seen from the ground. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Emily

Easylife wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:02 pm The toy gun is made of zinc/alloy hence the white corrosion. But the commemorative medallion is the best condition I've seen from the ground. :thumbsup:
Ah. It chips off easily and has the consistency of wet sand inside. It keeps coming out. 🤷‍♀️ Well that’s great to hear. 🥰 I’m thinking it’s been washed up in the flooding we had at the start of the year, which might explain its condition?? It was around 4” down.
Live long and prospect
bob79

Nice Commemorative medal you have found Em, seems like they were a bit slap dash with their medals in your neck of the woods.
That's two we have found between us now.😁
Dave The Slave

Good to see you out detecting, .
Commemorative medal is a good find.
Not found anything like that as yet.
Nearest was a Crown for the Queen Mothers 100th Birthday, off the beach.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
Saffron

I agree with Emily, it comes as a bit of a blow when you find that a newbie is now detecting what had been your exclusive permission :thumbdown: But I can not say too much as he was in part responsible for me getting the permission to start with :thumbsup:
Then afterwards he took up detecting - but the last I heard as he showed the landowner the rubbish that he had found was that he said "Only rubbish, Evan has had all the good stuff" :lol: :lol: Although I have had a few nice bits and pieces there was not a great deal there to start with.

But I like the commemorative medal of the silver jubilee for King George V and Queen Mary. Its always nice when you make a find that is associated with a specific event.

They seemed to like having commemorative medals mark what they did. :D I have found a medallion to mark the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to Dundee in 1914 (found near Dundee, and this was a big event as the first visit to the city by a reigning monarch for over 70 years). A few weeks before finding that I found a medallion marking thier wedding in 1893. Unsurprisingly finding these 2 commeroative medals in a short time the they became my favourite royal couple!

Evan
Emily

bob79 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:21 pm Nice Commemorative medal you have found Em, seems like they were a bit slap dash with their medals in your neck of the woods.
That's two we have found between us now.😁
I know!! They definitely didn’t appreciate them. Too bad for them, great for us!! 😂
Live long and prospect
Blackadder43

Pretty good condition on the jubilee coin, dont usually see them like that :thumbsup:
I have 1 thats all but a medal of nothingness, but enough to see who and what it is :lol:

If its only a small permission, then sharing it is not ideal, but with larger permissions i personally dont see it as an issue, maybe exchange notes and see if he/she has found anything of note on the land
Helps build a bigger picture of what has occured there :D
Steve_JT

That has survived well, a great find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein