Welding Stainless Steel??

Pete E

Bors wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:08 am I`m a bit puzzled as to what you mean by "not big enough " Pete to be honest ?

So , that said ,I would presume your wanting bigger shoulders to stop your boot slipping off when digging, if the ones on already on aren't to your liking .
I have a stainless steel Evo spade which is all stainless steel and has the teeth on the blade. It's rock solid build means I find it a touch heavy at times and I am not keen on the teeth. However, it does have good, wide treads and is very comfortable to dig with, and is reasonable forgiving on boots.

The spade I have replaced it with has much narrower treads, probably only 1/2" deep, so on hard ground, when you apply pressure with your foot, it's a bit more uncomfortable, and I anticipate being a bit more unkind to the soles of my (work style) boots...Actually it's not so much my boots I am worried about, but my wellies...

Also in summer, I am hoping the mod will allow me to wear lighter footwear's than my work boots which will be a bit more pleasant when the weather turns warmer...
Pete E

Easylife wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 am I've wrecked a few boot soles before I got a pair with a built in digging plate. Maybe that would be a better solution?
My present work style boots are going to need replacing soon, and that will be a consideration for the new pair. But even if I go that route, there are times I will want to wear wellies and others when I want to wear lighter footwear's, so modding the treads will help in those respects...
Pete E

While looking for soon ideas on YouTube, I came across this video below:

At first I thought the guy post this as a joke, but he obviously is very proud of his work!

I am hoping mine will end up better than this!
Allectus

Pete E wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 pm While looking for soon ideas on YouTube, I came across this video below:

At first I thought the guy post this as a joke, but he obviously is very proud of his work!

What a job!! :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing: :rollinglaughing:
Pete E

I think that's what they call a "time served welder" ie he should be locked up for that!! :D :D
Easylife

OMG! :rollinglaughing:
Impossible to dig beyond spade depth with those wide winged contraptions!
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
tone

Weld a spring on the blade you've got a pogo stick. :rollinglaughing:
Pete E

Thought you guys would appreciate a quality job like that! :D :D
Danté

Pete E wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:13 pm While looking for soon ideas on YouTube, I came across this video below:

You owe me a keyboard :lol: :lol: