Our different fields!

Easylife

I guess we are all each mainly quite content with the land we have to search for whatever reasons? But it is all so different in so many ways! From historical activity or not, to the amount of moden trash it's had dumped upon it. But it just is what it is and there for us to attempt to figure out it's unwritten history from our searches and finds? But regardless of the age of any finds the main thing is that you enjoyed your search, got some excercise and have maybe better figured out the land? All land has always been used to some extent though the very poor may have only had a button to lose at best on it? Whether say a grotty Roman partifact trumps a very nice Georgian something is just a matter of personal preference. I have a few permissions together covering known Neolithic features onwards but they are actually my worst permissions. My best permissions have no recorded history at all.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Allectus

"My best permissions have no recorded history at all."

====================================================

Me too! :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

I need to concentrate on some fields that have potential but no recorded history. Roll on the end of the month when we can travel a bit further afield :D
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

All land has potential though I guess lot's of us are maybe guilty of drawing conclusions from just a short time spent on a field. But when you later give it a proper look find that it is actually quite good, or crap! :lol:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

It seems to be a common thing that the best-recorded sites often yield nothing.(probably picked clean over the centuries because people knew what had been there). Nobody had the faintest idea there had been a Roman settlement of sorts on one of my permissions until I started unearthing the goodies, and this is reflected in similar stories right across the country.