I Finally got out detecting today

Bors

Well I decided to bite the bullet & go tecting today. The weather had a bit of Nip in the air still and it was a real Grey day, but I thought " lets do this" because it must be numerous months since I last went detecting. So I got clearance from SWMBO & prepared the Equinox ,I got my gear together and like Edmund Blackadder "went forth". Well If anything I was well knackered even before I`d started tecting, as walking this much was pretty much Alien to me over the last 6-12 months. Pumping an asthma inhaler inside me was getting a steady practice ,and the fields terrain didn`t help at all. But I eventually go going and by the time two hours had gone by I`d amassed 11 coins a few bits of unrecognisable lead pieces and a couple of brass screws. By then my arms were aching and I decided to call it a day. I`d broke my duck so that was a relief . The top row of coins are L to R ... What looks like two King Henry cut halves/ a George V 1911 sixpence/ A tiny Henry V111something or other, as its been clipped a lot by the look of it ./and again what looks like an Eddy silver penny .
Bottom row is a 50p ,/ a large brass button no pattern. /George V penny./ George 111 penny/ a thick what I can just make out is a George 11nd Farthing. / then last is an Edward V1 ship halfpenny.
So all in all not a bad couple of hours .
Attachments
IMG_E0166 (2).JPG
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Blackadder43

Oh my goodness and you said your fields never throw much up :shock:
Well done my man, great to see you back in the fields again :clapping:
And some great coins there too

Now that new machine has some real mud on it :thumbsup:
Oxgirl

Darn it man that’s one heck of a haul for 2 hours! You’ll be aching tomorrow no doubt though but absolutely delighted to see you out there again, inhaler or not :Luv Ya:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Dave The Slave

Well done.
Would have been happy with just the bottom row of coins.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave
Steve_JT

Nice haul for a short visit, looking good,

well found and saved :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Bors

Oxgirl wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:34 pm Darn it man that’s one heck of a haul for 2 hours! You’ll be aching tomorrow no doubt though but absolutely delighted to see you out there again, inhaler or not :Luv Ya:
Actually this field has given up at least another 4 cut halves and probably half a dozen hammered in the past few years. I wouldn`t call it prolific because sometimes if I go on it I can go for a few outings and it`ll not give up much at all, but !! my little eye caught sight of the numerous Mole hills that were abundant on it today, so I headed for them. This proved to be a good decision ,the moles had been busy tunneling and turning the soil over underground which is a wonderful thing if there are any deep hammered around. These lovely little critters are so helpful and If I see mole hills I always make a beeline for them and look all around their little hills.This field has to my knowledge never been ploughed so finds can be deep . That`s why I love it when I see the little critters have been at work, anyway luckily for me it paid off looking around their burrowing areas ,that were visible. The Equinox was the same as my last one superb at what it does, and I didn`t dig one bit of Iron. I heard plenty of it though but never had to dig any .
Reiver

I'd be well chuffed with those hammereds in two months let alone two hours.
Good work. :clapping:
Well found and well saved.
Reiver.
Allectus

Four hammered is a very good haul, well done! :thumbsup:

A
Bors

Are we to include cut halves as "a hammered" after all there is only half of one ? :D realistically its only 3 hammered :lol:
HolzHammer

Brilliant run of silver! And thanks for the molehill knowledge too! Hope all well!
Bors

HolzHammer wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:58 pm Brilliant run of silver! And thanks for the molehill knowledge too! Hope all well!
I think its fair to assume that a tunneling mole can bring a coin that bit nearer to the surface which could possibly have been just out of the detectors reach the last time you went over that bit of land. So yeah it makes sense to check the mole hill activity areas. It surely must apply to Rabbits too ,they are another great help to the detectorist if they too can make the unreachable become just into the reachable zone of your detector sometimes. I think its worth remembering sometimes its just an inch that can make the difference between hitting the coin or not hitting it .So, God bless the critters who assist us. :thumbsup: :D
Easylife

Well done Pete for getting back out there and well worth while it was with that great silver haul. That's certainly very encouraging to get out there more often. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Bors wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:20 pm
I think its fair to assume that a tunneling mole can bring a coin that bit nearer to the surface.
Or take it even deeper! :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Bors

We`ll never know that though will we :lol:
Kenleyboy

Well played Bors , good on you for getting out and some terrific finds for a short session . :thumbsup: