Badgering about!

Easylife

It's strange how you can sometimes go a long while without finding a badge and then one day lots just show up. My pasture 'silver field' is getting tougher but surprisingly is still giving up yet more silver. Last time a silver thimble showed and this time a silver button front.
IMG_20210326_135950.jpg
Further up the field a couple of badges apeared but not much else was so I decided to concentrate on the lower end. Near the gateway an elevated deep target response was an 1887 Queen Victoria Golden Jubilee commemorative badge at 11" deep. Another was a 1933 Christian Endeavour badge. Not sure of some others but the bugle was part of a military badge. A WWI 'Cyclist' shoulder title of the Army Bicycle Corps which disbanded in 1920. Light was starting to fade and one of my last targets on the field was a WWI Leicestershire Regiment cap badge, the "Royal Tiger," with the word "Hindoostan" superscribed is a lasting testimony of the exemplary conduct of the Corps during its period of service in India, in the year 1804 to 1823.
Swinging along the footpath on the way back yet another badge appeared, a 1960s Girl Guide Promise badge, which a Guide received when she was enrolled into her group and made her Promise - okay, who's sniggering! :D
So I guess after that badge blast I probably won't see another badge for at least another few months now!
IMG_20210326_135900.jpg
Included in the other bits was a Canadian general service button, quite a late newcomer to join the military badge/button party on this field! A double ended clock winder. A couple of tokens. A George III Hibernia Irish half penny. A large livery button of sorts depicting a deer, and a post medieval clog clasp.
IMG_20210326_140037.jpg
The finds on these fields may not be too old but they are fun to find. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Dave The Slave

Some nice finds and the array of badges was interesting.
Cheers, :thumbsup:
Dave.
figgis

Fun finds indeed, and they'd certainly have kept you occupied :thumbsup:
Bors

A nice selection of finds there Ian. Well done m8. I was going to attempt a trip detecting today but SWMBO grabbed me to do some more work on the front pathway so I got lumbered most of the day doing that hammering concrete with a lump hammer . :( :( :(
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Oxgirl

Please don’t tell me you unearthed that lot in one detecting session :shock: I’m exhausted thinking about it if you did. You should be rippling with digging muscles by now!

Lovely selection of finds and amazed about the amount of silver you keep digging up. Some rich folk round those parts!
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:59 pm Please don’t tell me you unearthed that lot in one detecting session :shock: I’m exhausted thinking about it if you did. You should be rippling with digging muscles by now!
Lovely selection of finds and amazed about the amount of silver you keep digging up. Some rich folk round those parts!
Just an afternoons worth, digging is quick and easy. I've concluded that there has been much more activity on this field than I first thought. There is a lot of iron masking so likely missing lots. About 30 silver items up to now so due a gold one! Maybe not so much rich folk but more a very popular spot which I'm still trying to figure out the reason for?
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
alloverover

Looks like a fun sesion Easy :thumbsup:
Reiver

Good haul, a mixed bag too.
Well found and well saved
:thumbsup:
Reiver.