2 Farthings

TheFenTiger

I decided to go out to my permission yesterday after work to try to dodge the rain this weekend. Most fields are lowish crop so just about still detectable. I went on to one of my better fields which I haven't been on since the middle of last year and was thinking I haven't found any quarters for a while and out one popped! Looks fairly early and could be a Henry I. Moneyer looks to end in an M so probably Willelm. About an hour later the Edward London farthing came out. It does look a bit better than the photo.

Dave
figgis

Double silver has to chalked up as a good day :thumbsup:

What I can see on the reverse is a letter, then a stop, then "ON" , so the last letter of your moneyer is to the left of the stop. Don't take my word for it, mind - I'm on me third bottle glass of gin :D
TheFenTiger

figgis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm Double silver has to chalked up as a good day :thumbsup:

What I can see on the reverse is a letter, then a stop, then "ON" , so the last letter of your moneyer is to the left of the stop. Don't take my word for it, mind - I'm on me third bottle glass of gin :D
It looks like an M and then a stop. Narrows it down to 3 names (more if you include the different spellings of William). I am on the brewdog beer as it is the virtual AGM and the letters are still not getting clearer, even after the 14% beer! It could be a reverse barred N as well.
Dave
joemole

:rollinglaughing:
figgis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:30 pm Double silver has to chalked up as a good day :thumbsup:

:rollinglaughing:
figgis

TheFenTiger wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:29 pm I am on the brewdog beer as it is the virtual AGM and the letters are still not getting clearer, even after the 14% beer! It could be a reverse barred N as well.
Ooh, Brewdog! Triple Hazy's one of my bestest. 14%, you say? Which one's that?

And to keep this on topic... er... yes. I agree. :thumbsup:
TheFenTiger

figgis wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:48 pm
Ooh, Brewdog! Triple Hazy's one of my bestest. 14%, you say? Which one's that?

And to keep this on topic... er... yes. I agree. :thumbsup:

As you can see, it looks like an M.........

Dave