Todays session everything went wrong .

Bors

Well I decided while I had a bit of time on my hands today to get out detecting today.
Did a quick top up on charging the detector and had a few places in mind to visit. the first place I went 1st there was a big square effluent tank parked on the gateway to the field and a couple of Effluent tankers were filling up from it ready to spray their yukky stuff, So that was out the question. I quickly moved on to another field that had recently had a lot of yukky stuff sprayed on that but it was do able if I picked my way around it so I thought yeah, I`ll give it a whirl. Went to the back of my Car to my gear, and low and behold I`d left my Equinox headphones at home !! :pulling hair out: But, I thought sod it, I`ve come this far I`ll use it without the headphones. Oh God ! how I hate using a detector without headphones. Had an hour on the field and to be fair its been hammered over the years but it still knocks out the odd thing or two. Well I had a 1943 Brass thruppeny - bit, a George the 2nd half penny and two small pewter buttons, a far cry from my last outing . So by now It was doing my head in dodging the Effluent and not having my headphones on ,so I cleared off home , I`d just had enough.
So, all in all, a disastrous outing. :thumbdown: But at least the fresh air was nice, coupled with a lot of Sunshine.
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Ladybird66

Don’t be so despondent. That sounds just like the sort of outing I might have had. (And have had)
Ever noticed how you get a good signal in the middle of great big pat :D

Well done on making the effort. :thumbsup:
Blackadder43

Nothing better than a bit of fresh air fella, tinged with the whiff of a bit of spreading too, cant beat the countryside :thumbsup:

At least you didnt forget your spade, which i have done in the past and ended up borrowing a huge shovel/spade from the farmer
Ended up admiring the scenery as digging was nigh on impossible...

And you found a couple of items from a hammered field, which is always a good thing :thumbsup:
Bors

Blackadder43 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:27 pm Nothing better than a bit of fresh air fella, tinged with the whiff of a bit of spreading too, cant beat the countryside :thumbsup:

At least you didnt forget your spade, which i have done in the past and ended up borrowing a huge shovel/spade from the farmer
Ended up admiring the scenery as digging was nigh on impossible...

And you found a couple of items from a hammered field, which is always a good thing :thumbsup:
Normally I`d agree with that Bruce ,but today It just seemed everything was against me :shock: Nothing was going right for some reason. :roll:
Oxgirl

Fresh air? :lol: The stink of manure is everywhere right now so you have my sympathy :silent:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
Easylife

Oxgirl wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:49 pm Fresh air? :lol: The stink of manure is everywhere right now so you have my sympathy :silent:
Not further North, we just send the stinky stuff down sarf! :D
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Bors wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:07 pm Today It just seemed everything was against me :shock: Nothing was going right for some reason. :roll:
Yep, best to just knock it on the head when like that as you need to be chilled and focused to get the best results. :thumbsup:
I don't like using the Nox on speaker either, the audio is not as good and I don't like to attract attention.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
figgis

I'm sure we've all had that sort of day, chap. I once forgot to charge my headphones and I was uncomfortable with the sounds ringing out across the field so packed up early. There's just something unnatural about it.
shaggybfc

I feel for you. I once drove 30 mins to a field only to realise I'd left my boots at home. I did 30 mins on wet pasture in a pair of runners, and found nowt.
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Bors

Easylife wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:15 am Yep, best to just knock it on the head when like that as you need to be chilled and focused to get the best results. :thumbsup:
I don't like using the Nox on speaker either, the audio is not as good and I don't like to attract attention.
Very true even on full vol it wasn`t Ideal ,and I like to hear everything including soft whispery signals so I was detecting without my heart in the job if you get my drift?.
Bors

shaggybfc wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:18 am I feel for you. I once drove 30 mins to a field only to realise I'd left my boots at home. I did 30 mins on wet pasture in a pair of runners, and found nowt.
Yeah its a bummer isn`t it. I felt such a wally for not double checking everything before leaving . :roll:
Emily

I always forget my shovel......🤦‍♀️ Luckily my permissions are never far away so my husband can bring it round, but I always feel like a fool when I realise. 🤷‍♀️
Live long and prospect
Bors

Yes Emily the Spades fell victim to my inept mind also.
I can recall a long time ago in the days when I was using a Minelab Sovereign I drove 60 or so miles to a beach only to find I`d forgotten to bring my spade along .
After a short stint of detecting without one, and just dragging the side of my boot across the sand which failed miserably, you know what, sheer desperation kicked in & I even started eying up spades I noticed some kids had in their hands and thought about asking them would they sell me there`s , but thought better of doing that, in case my motifs were taken totally wrong by the parents .Totally dejected I eventually just packed up and went home swearing this type of thing wouldn`t happen ever again, and yet here we are again .. :oops: