Metal free detecting Boots

Bors

Just had to buy a New Pair of Detecting Boots as my others had literally fell apart with the spade digging into the in - sole .
After looking for hours on Flea Bay I decide on these. They are £44.95 and come in all the usual sizes. They are totally metal Free and have composite `spade guard` running along instep instead of a Metal one, and have all non metal laces up points. I thought they were a good prospect because of the lack of any metal. :thumbsup:
I thought I`d just mention it in case anyone else was on the lookout for a pair of boots to detect in. Be sure to look for the "metal free " sign, because they make other boots similar WITH metal toe caps and metal instep bridges in them ,and you might order the wrong type. :thumbsup:
Attachments
s-l500 (2).png
Things aint cooking in my kitchen
Pete E

I may be wrong but I think Easylife mentioned metal free Amblers previously....When my current boots go, I will certainly be looking at these, so I will be interested to hear how you get on with them...
Easylife

I had a different model of Amblers boots and destroyed the soles on two pairs just through digging. I've also punctured soles and bent the metal shanks of hiking boots. A digging plate is really essential. :thumbsup:
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Easylife

Pete E wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 pm I may be wrong but I think Easylife mentioned metal free Amblers previously....
I did but I can very highly recommend these boots instead, they are the best I have ever used. :thumbsup:
https://www.rockfall.com/products/titanium/
Bors

:lol: I`ve had a pair of Very similar almost identical boots called " Magnum " classic uniform boots.but I didn`t rate them they cost me £80 and it was too much really for what you got for them . In the end I gave them to a M8 of mine. I found the Back of the boots where they rise up the calf was too high and it used to irritate the rear of my calves as they rubbed me where the rim ended even though they were padded ,they still rubbed when I walked and eventually the high rise of the calf bit started to buckle with time . I did like the side Zip aspect though for easy putting on /off , but over all they weren't for me so I got rid of them..
I`ll eventually give a review on these and give my thoughts on them as detecting boots whether I think they are worth getting..
Bors

Easylife wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 pm I had a different model of Amblers boots and destroyed the soles on two pairs just through digging. I've also punctured soles and bent the metal shanks of hiking boots. A digging plate is really essential. :thumbsup:
I take it your spade didn`t have shoulder steps on then Ian , because if you had it wouldn`t do that sort of damage and if they did all I can say is your a bleedin VANDAL ! :lol:
Easylife

Bors wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:14 pm I take it your spade didn`t have shoulder steps on then Ian , because if you had it wouldn`t do that sort of damage and if they did all I can say is your a bleedin VANDAL ! :lol:
The boots just weren't designed for digging so I got some that were. :thumbsup:
Steve_JT

Personally I prefer more ankle support, especially over rough ground I bought a pair of Diem boots (fishing boots), waterproof and warm in winter, cool in the summer, not had cold, wet or sweaty feet at any time, very light and excellent soft sole inside and sturdy outer sole boot.

Over two years use and still like new, no damage to sole with spade use (I do have a wide plate on the Ada spade)
Got them from sport direct but available online other places

Regards Steve
A foolish faith in authority, is the worst enemy of truth." Albert Einstein
Bors

:lol: :lol: You won`t believe this but !, I`ve had a "similar pair " to those Steve. I think they lasted no more than 12 months Max. They let water in through cuts in the sole and instep surface on a spade , OK I used then without a pair of shoulder guards on the spade ,& probably my fault I suppose ,but I wouldn`t buy another of that sort. I thought they just weren't quite up to the rigors that detecting gives them.( Its just took me ages to find the listing picture on Ebay I had when I bought them but I did eventually find them so I`ve put it up to show the type.).
They are called BTP Recon Tactical Pro Boots with Camouflage Soles & Side Zip at priced at £57 at the time . They ended up in the Bin 12mths later. :thumbdown: Personally I wouldn`t recommend these at least for detecting in, especially if walking over such terrain as heavily ploughed or rocky uneven surfaces .Myself I found the sides didn`t have much if any ankle support, even though they rise up to the lower calf.and because of this they ended up mis-shapen and the whole of the Boot eventually became to have a distorted type of look about them .So ,I wouldn`t recommended these Boots.They look the part ,but that`s about it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-19 223825.jpg