Not Quite 2 Roman Coins

TerraBritannia

Cheers CD. :thumbsup:

I called back again yesterday and part of the field had been cultivated. I was able to walk over it for a while, but other than moo tubes, nothing else came out of the soil. The field is about to have some wild bird cover sown as part of the agri-environ scheme, so it's off limits until later this year, possibly next year.

The larger part of the same field (around 2/3rds of the total size) has wheat in it, that's all on a north facing gradual downhill slope, I'm not sure if there will have been much Roman activity there. Either way I'm looking forward to having a go on that at once it's been harvested.
TerraBritannia [previously known as TerraEnglandia] but Andy is my real name.
https://www.youtube.com/TerraBritannia
Minelab Equinox 800
figgis

TerraBritannia wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:20 pm The larger part of the same field (around 2/3rds of the total size) has wheat in it, that's all on a north facing gradual downhill slope, I'm not sure if there will have been much Roman activity there.
Common perception is that settlements preferred a SE-facing slope, and while this may be true it obviously doesn't preclude activity in the vicinity, whatever direction it's facing.

Looking forward to seeing what else comes up, and I'm sure it will :thumbsup: