BEWARE the dreaded horsefly

joemole

They always get me . Beware when you go for a tinkle in the bushes. Thats my left ribs in the photo . I honestly thought I'd bruised a rib this morning . Any recommendations for cream or pils ??
20210705_090053.jpg
Easylife

Ouch, that looks itchy! :o
You could try some antihistamine cream.
D2 - 13"x11" coil - audio only.
Blackadder43

Ouch ouch fella :thumbdown:
Man that looks painful

Antihistimine as suggested is a good start, and my wife just said put some Sudacreme on it too

Keep your eye on it though fella, if it starts looking angry or gets painfull then call in to your local a&e department, dont bother with doctors surgery as they wont see you....
joemole

Blackadder43 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:55 am Ouch ouch fella :thumbdown:
Man that looks painful

Antihistimine as suggested is a good start, and my wife just said put some Sudacreme on it too

Keep your eye on it though fella, if it starts looking angry or gets painfull then call in to your local a&e department, dont bother with doctors surgery as they wont see you....
Cheers blackadder . Im overdosed on antihistamines. 3 yr ago i was put on a drip for 6 hrs to stop the poison travelling to the heart . Scary stuff when your watching black veins getting longer and your throats closing up . God i hate them pesky flys .
shaggybfc

Flipping heck - how big are these horseflies up your way..... That looks sore....
Anthisan cream seems to work well on bites I've had in the past. If not whiskey, lots of it,,,, lose 4 - 5 days and when you sober up, it will be gone :D :D
Always carefully proof-read what you've typed to see if you've any words out.
Deus with 11" X35 and 9" HF coils. MI 6 pinpointer.
Oxgirl

You need proper bug spray on your next outing. I hate those darn horse flys. The bite is painful and the resultant site of the bite even more so. It’s bad if you’re a women in the field and need a call of nature. Getting one of those in a delicate area ain’t fun :lol:

Hope it gets better quickly, it really does look painful :shock:
Yes I really don’t like Roman coins, I’m not joking
joemole

Oxgirl wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:25 pm You need proper bug spray on your next outing. I hate those darn horse flys. The bite is painful and the resultant site of the bite even more so. It’s bad if you’re a women in the field and need a call of nature. Getting one of those in a delicate area ain’t fun :lol:

Hope it gets better quickly, it really does look painful :shock:
Well its not getting any worse . And yes i guess I'm lucky it chose to bite there and not on a more delicate area .
Steve RC

Yep had a few of those over the years. The worst one was above my right eye and never felt it until i got home and the swelling started. By the next morning i woke up unable to open my eye looking like the guy who lost the pub fight the night before. It lasted for a few days before i could open my eye and was still puffy a week later.

Nasty bleeders.
figgis

Flaming things :thumbdown:

The upside is that they're slow, stupid and easily swattable. The downside is they're quiet and you often don't know they're on you till it's too late.

Tics are another nasty thing to look out for.

Hope you get better soon, chap :thumbsup:
alloverover

Looks awful Joe, this stuff has never failed me and I've been in some pretty insect infested places .
Just don't get it on any plastic or you will melt it :thumbsup: